DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   DV-info members average age? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/11903-dv-info-members-average-age.html)

Tom Miller April 30th, 2011 03:35 PM

Re: DV-info members average age?

20 video is a hobby that i picked up from going on church mission trips... My first was to Mississippi after Katrina in 2006 changed my life. I have never taken any class on film making everything i know i either thought my self or learned from a friend that's been in the film business for 20 some years. I continue to learn and get better every year

Gabor Heeres May 1st, 2011 07:27 AM

Born in 1979 They say I'm 32 now.

Rob Wallace May 31st, 2011 09:52 AM

I have socks older then most of you here and I am wearing them now. ;-P

I am a ripe old 57!

Chris Harding June 1st, 2011 03:58 AM

Judging by my wife's comments about my socks..mine are probably even older.

I turn the dreaded 65 in August.....!! Still do around 30 wedding shoots a year and around 10 -15 Realty shoots a month so I keep busy!!!

NOW ...more importantly.....WHO is going to add up all the ages on all 50 pages of posts and actually calculate an average?????? or are we all too busy shooting video???

Chris

Edgar Vasiluk June 1st, 2011 06:58 AM

Can't believe but in 5 days I'll be 30!!! Love it ;)

Www.youmyworld.co.uk

Justin Molush June 1st, 2011 07:44 AM

Twenty three... Start working in production/editing about 2 years ago (wow, just realized how short I've been in this) but I've been slicing in photoshop and editing in whatever I had at the time ever since high school.

Paul Digges June 8th, 2011 01:01 PM

25 years of age here.

Grew up in an AV predominant family so I've been around this for quite some time. Went to school for video production, but it was just community college so I didn't gather a ton of good info, I'm mostly self taught by experience and these wonderful forums.

Rob Neville June 23rd, 2011 04:56 AM

I will be 38 in about 2 weeks.

Steve Humphrey June 28th, 2011 11:54 AM

Well, I'm kind of older @ 61. Although, I still enjoy recording and editing videos.

Jeremy Cole July 19th, 2011 11:36 AM

63 years young. I have been working in the video business since 1970 and the Sony portapack was introduced, a camera that used 1/2 inch reel-to reel BW tape EIAJ standard. Still have some of the documentaries I did. Now, if I only add a tape player to play them back on.

Rob Cantwell April 12th, 2012 05:22 PM

hi
no one has posted here for a while, so i thought i'd add my ¢10.... ;-)

57 and counting.

just hope i outlive the rendering, my computer is slower than i am!!!

Graeme Allan June 9th, 2012 06:22 AM

69, learning, and applying the Confucian reality, that, in this decade, "...my ears are responsive to the truth". I'm finding plenty on these pages and thanks for the sincerity, courtesy and responsiveness.

Greetings from Kaunas, Lithuania!

Terry Wall January 18th, 2013 04:32 PM

OK, so since we've had another break in the action on this thread, I'm a robust, agile 64! But who's countin' anyway! ;-)

Martyn Moore March 15th, 2013 01:08 AM

Born in 1961, making me 52 soon. Blimey. Wish you hadn't asked.

Started school as the Beatles hit the big time, left in the year of punk rock. Worked as a photographer then journalist then magazine editor from 1984 to 2008. Have been trying to reinvent myself as a film-maker (short, commercial, mostly online) since 2009.

John Carroll March 15th, 2013 07:06 AM

Started in the film business in 1987 and transitioned into corporate video production in 2004. Got my own company now since 2009. Been working in some corner of the industry for all my adult life. Almost went into the IT business in 2003... glad I dodged that bullet!

Ha Ha!

I'm 45.