DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   DV-info members average age? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/11903-dv-info-members-average-age.html)

Ryan Hansen July 14th, 2009 07:18 PM

Who is keeping tally?

Kevin Duffey July 14th, 2009 10:10 PM

Gees.. I am 37 and really pissed that all this great technology is available to you youngins now.. wish I had this stuff when I was in my teens to early 20s to learn with. The software, computer power, gear.. My god. No wonder so many young 20s are doing well in this field. When I was 20, I had a shoulder mount camera that my dad paid an arm and a leg for back in the early 80s and I think it shot 2 frames an hour at 60 x 40 resolution. lol. The ability to shoot HDV, edit it and spit out a film in a day (assuming you just do quick editing and some filters) is outstanding! These same day edits that wedding videographers do would take months when I was 20.

I just hope I can find a way to afford some of these pristine toys while I am still young enough to understand present day computers.

Brendan Marnell July 15th, 2009 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Hansen (Post 1171837)

Who is keeping tally?

I forgot about counting between 30 and 70 but I've started now again, at 31 or thereabouts.

Edward Troxel July 15th, 2009 07:16 AM

You realize that since this thread was started, people are now up to 6 years older than stated :-)

Lorinda Norton August 1st, 2009 11:54 AM

Tell me about it, Edward. Today marks a half-century that I've been on this earth (just a tad longer than this thread's been going on here). ;)

I'd consider being depressed about 50 but realize that the milestone beats a headstone any day.

Ozzie Alfonso August 1st, 2009 03:26 PM

Lorinda, turning 50 for me was a hoot. I was taken out to dinner by friends, and the people at work rented a schooner to sail along the harbor. But ten years later - the big SIX OH - it was a different story. I guess everyone thought better of it and remained quiet - no dinner, no sailing, in fact I hardly remember the day.

Turning 50 is an accomplishment worthy of celebration. I guess the next big accomplishment will be 100, if I'm still conscious.

By the way, I'll be 64 this month, and it really hurts because in my head I still feel in my late 20s. That is, until I look in a mirror.

Lorinda Norton August 1st, 2009 03:57 PM

If that's the problem I'm thinking we should just get rid of our mirrors.

No schooners around here, mainly because there aren't any harbors. But that sounds like fun. It's so hot no one wants to do much, so it looks like the main event in this celebration will be pizza and beer. That means there could come a point in the evening where I feel like I'm in a schooner after all...and I'll tip a glass your way, fellow August baby. :)

Pavel Tomanec August 5th, 2009 02:40 PM

32... 33 next year,

feeling though as if I would have lived 1008 years in this world.

Simon Bampfield September 1st, 2009 01:16 AM

31 years old

And Ozzie the saying is true mate, it is not how old you are, but how young you feel.

Aaron Jones September 2nd, 2009 03:04 PM

29. Still the good side of 30.

Jim Martin September 3rd, 2009 03:23 PM

I'm old enough to know you don't ask this kind of question!......Where's the mystery, the romance....

Rafael Amador September 4th, 2009 10:37 AM

52 in two weeks time.
Still a lot to render.
rafael

Evan C. King September 5th, 2009 11:53 PM

I'm 23 but this info is useless without a poll, unless your crazy enough to read them all and average them yourself.

Calvin Bellows September 6th, 2009 12:15 AM

I'm 26 but I still feel like I should be 20.

Dale Guthormsen September 6th, 2009 07:11 PM

OK,

I may not act it but I am one short of 60. I do not feel like that most days.

have not had to down size the camera yet!