DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   DV-info members average age? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/11903-dv-info-members-average-age.html)

David Barnett September 8th, 2009 09:51 AM

36. Wanted to work in film/video since I was in 8th grade. Had just watched Stand By Me (one of my faves), and then listened to a high school teacher who spoke to us in middle school about the A/V program they had there. I took classes in it 9th thru 12th.

Matt Austin September 18th, 2009 05:25 AM

25 here, barreling headlong towards 26 this october. Growing up I always felt like I'd have this moment, maybe when I was around 22 or 23 where I'd wake up one morning and feel like an adult. I still haven't had that feeling yet; Starting to doubt I'll ever feel it. I'm now the last single guy in our group of friends from university, and that depresses me...the rest are married, some have kids already, it's nuts.

Yi Fong Yu September 23rd, 2009 08:14 AM

from what i hear matt, even 30,40,50,60,70,80 year olds feel like they never 'grew up' to become an adult =). it's a state of mind ;)

Ben Robbins October 13th, 2009 11:03 PM

I'm 19, not old enough for people to take me seriously, I guess.

Brendan Marnell October 14th, 2009 02:15 AM

It's up to you, Ben.

To be taken seriously by me, aged 70, you only have to teach me something, anything that I can understand and adapt to my little scenario. The older I get the more I enjoy learning. If you're a thoughtful teacher that helps me.

So far you are showing me that you have modest expectations of other people's opinion of you. That's not bad for a start. While you're at that, I'm sure you are observing how differently different people react to your modesty. I'm assuming that you are being modest, not just pretending.

Adam Stanislav October 14th, 2009 02:15 PM

I am 59. As for taking people seriously, age has nothing to do with it. I know some wise and respectable young people and some old fools. And vice versa.

Ben Robbins October 14th, 2009 03:01 PM

The thing is, about the film community in my area... they don't provide feedback for any of my projects. Half the problem is that I don't have a wide enough audience to show my work to. I'd love to have people see some of my films, because feedback is something I'm severely lacking right now.

That's why I'm very excited to be a part of this online community. I'm looking forward to showing some of my work, and receiving that critical feedback and tips.

Brendan Marnell October 14th, 2009 03:20 PM

What sort of film do you make Ben?

I can't say I ever made a film. Little snippets, yes, but I have limited interest in any sort of video other than wildlife & nature outdoor. The good news is there are many varieties of experience to be explored and tapped on this forum. So many people here, some with no interest in wildlife, have helped me that you're bound to attract opinions if you put something on Vimeo (or similar) and post a link to it within a new thread you start & name yourself.

Ben Robbins October 14th, 2009 03:52 PM

I'm actually building a website right now, because youtube, vimeo, etc. do not allot me enough space. Most of my films are 15 to 30 minutes, on average. I will be sure to let people know when it's ready. Thank you for the kind words and insight. I appreciate it.

Jonathan Betz October 16th, 2009 06:07 AM

23 here. It's cool to see such a diversity of ages here. It's really great to be a part of a community where all of my questions are answered and we are all interested in helping each other.

Hans Sandstrom October 19th, 2009 03:35 PM

Maybe I'm the oldest guy so far in this forum - soon to be 71.

I´have a Canon HV30, Raynox 6600 Pro, Rode Videomic. I mostly shot short videos but for the moment being I´m editing a 70 minutes documentary shot in Sweden, Estonia and Ukraine.

It´s a family story starting 1781 when a small Swedish congregation living in Estonia was forced to walk to Ukraine (2000 km). 966 people started, one year later only 120 was alive.
1929 these people in Ukraine got permission to come to Sweden.

The family I´m describing in my video had their mother and father coming to Sweden at that time. Today they are 12 brothers and sisters still living and being between 63-82 year old.

The "grand openingnight" will be in December.

David Chapman November 6th, 2009 06:14 PM

I'm 25. It seems that I'm the same age as Glen... well, when he started this thread 6 years ago!

This is almost my 15th year of making movies. I'm proud to say I have moved on from shooting Legos and GI Joe stop motion.

Chris Jeremy November 6th, 2009 06:41 PM

57 .. going on 18!!!

Adam Gold November 6th, 2009 08:22 PM

I'm 50, but I've got the heart of a young boy.

... in the freezer. Several, in fact.

Brendan Marnell November 7th, 2009 02:14 AM

Adam wrote ..... I'm 50, but I've got the heart of a young boy.

... in the freezer. Several, in fact.

Any livers there Adam?