Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q1Q2) - Page 88 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old April 21st, 2005, 10:59 PM   #1306
New Boot

Pink clip on timeline.

Hello there,

I just upgraded to Vegas 6.0 today and I opened a .veg file that I have been working on in Vegas 5 and I noticed that one of my clips is colored pink on the timeline. It doesn't affect anything as far as I can tell, but I am curious as to what it means.

To see what I'm talking about visit http://www.paulbunyan.net/users/vegas/vegas-pink.png
Old April 21st, 2005, 11:34 PM   #1307
Sponsor: JET DV

Dan, that's good to hear. Here's a basic summary for Vegas 6:

1) You MUST have .NET 1.1 with Service Pack 1 installed.
2) You MUST be up to DirectX 9.0c
3) It is STRONGLY advised that you use the 6.0a download instead of the 6.0 on the CD.
Old April 21st, 2005, 11:37 PM   #1308

A "Pink clip" means that your audio and video are out of sync. If you have the "Show active take name" turned on, it will also give you the amount of offset.

Right-click one or the other and you'll see a new "Syncronize" menu option with which you can resync them.
Old April 22nd, 2005, 02:08 AM   #1309
Inner Circle

That's a great feature. Presumably it only works on video and audio that were originally grouped then ungrouped. In other words, it won't work with a separately recorded audio source.

I think I'm going to get a 'well, duh' response here!
Old April 22nd, 2005, 05:22 AM   #1310
Inner Circle

Done all that Ed,
gonna see what the deal is with V6 on an XP machine with SP2..
my unit here only has SP1, and i really dont want to install SP2 as this unit is rock solid. Im also running remote tools so im literally accessing this machine while im out of the office.. it took me ages to configure and i dont wanna risk losing a working system...
Old April 22nd, 2005, 05:59 AM   #1311
Inner Circle

I just did some research on the installation of Vegas 6.0.

I put aside the supplied installation disk in favor of using 6.0a upgrade download as recommended. This was appropriate and it worked.

However, I just learned that some things I needed (and downloaded as directed by the installation process) were actually on the Vegas 6.0 cd provided in the boxed set.

This is just a note to let everyone know that if you have a slow internet connection, you can obtain ".Net Framework 1.1" and ".Net Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1", and Direct X 9.0(c) from the cd.
Old April 22nd, 2005, 10:50 AM   #1312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Stark
That's a great feature. Presumably it only works on video and audio that were originally grouped then ungrouped. In other words, it won't work with a separately recorded audio source.

I think I'm going to get a 'well, duh' response here!

No you're not. It WILL work with a separately recorded audio source IF you manually group them.
Old April 22nd, 2005, 12:38 PM   #1313
Major Player

maybe we can re-visit this issue - Vegas 6 is supposed to have enhanced conversion?

Hi all...

I'm trying to still understand why the Vegas comparison chart @ Sony's website says that Vegas 6 has unique "60i to 24p" conversions capability. So, what's new? Charile White's article too hints that now CF24 can be converted to true 24p.

How?

I have upgraded to Vegas 6 because at last the injustice of having to pay "separate" for HDV capture/workflow via Cineform add-on has been rectified.

Now as much as I am excited by vasst products such as gearshift, etc. - pls. tell me that there must be a way to get the 24p "fix" in Vegas 6 again without having to resort to costly 3rd party add-ons...???

Can anyone confirm by the way that gearshift does in fact give a result for Sony HDV akin to Panasonic 24p?

Spot, I love your work at vasst etc. and all you've given to the Vegas community - this is not some attack at you - I'm frustrated that Sony in some regards seems to "hold back" on certain things and leaves it up to 3rd parties to "pick up the slack."

So if we now want to convert cf24 to true 24p in Vegas 6, what do we do?

thanks!
Old April 22nd, 2005, 05:43 PM   #1314
Regular Crew

Boris red with Vegas , or any external plugin for that matter

Hi all,

Quick question here , computer crashed and reinstalled Vegas and Red and I see the Red files in the Sony\shard plugins folder but the plugin is nowhere to be found in Vegas.

Anybody got an idea ?

Thanks

My website: www.production24fps.com/english.php
Old April 22nd, 2005, 11:35 PM   #1315

I believe there's a DLL file you need to drag to the timeline in order to "register" Boris in Vegas.
Old April 23rd, 2005, 09:23 AM   #1316
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel
A "Pink clip" means that your audio and video are out of sync. If you have the "Show active take name" turned on, it will also give you the amount of offset.

Right-click one or the other and you'll see a new "Syncronize" menu option with which you can resync them.
That's a great new feature! Thanks for the quick response.

I am loving this new version. The Media Manager alone is worth the upgrade in my opinion.
Old April 23rd, 2005, 10:40 AM   #1317
Regular Crew

Picture montage Help needed!!!

I am doing a project and the client wants over 200 pictures in the montage!! I do not want to just pan and crop. Any ideas would be helpful. I am currently using vegas 5.
Old April 23rd, 2005, 11:09 AM   #1318
Regular Crew

Boy Ed , yu are right , when I drop the dll files on the timeline it asked me if I wanted to register. I did say yes of course but when I relaunch Vegas there is still no Boris option either in the Transition or FX window

Got any more idea's then :)

Thanks

My website: www.production24fps.com/english.php
Old April 23rd, 2005, 12:03 PM   #1319
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Derek,

We'll need to know what sort of software you have on hand now, and from there we can either give some advice about how to use your existing software options or recommend something different.

By the way, please don't cross-post; your duplicate message in another forum has been removed. This one left intact since it's in the general PC Editing forum. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old April 23rd, 2005, 12:54 PM   #1320
Regular Crew

Using vegas 5

I am using vegas 5 for this montage.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...