Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q1Q2) - Page 93 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old April 28th, 2005, 10:34 AM   #1381
Regular Crew

Thank you both. Problem resolved thanks to your suggestions. Now if I can get this flop sweat off my keyboard ....
Old April 28th, 2005, 05:00 PM   #1382
Major Player

Vegas 6 co-existing with vegas 5 ?

Hi all,

I want to install vegas 6 on my machine (in a different folder of course) but i am a little bit wary to do so, as i have a clients project that i am in the middle of on V5 and DVD Architect 3..But It is very tempting to try out the new software..( I am chomping at the bit) Anybody try it ?/ Any conflict,problems?? Any problem loading a Vegas 5 veg in Vegas 6?? How about a DVD Architect 2 project into DVD Architect 3 ??
Should I wait??

thanks,
Mike M.
Old April 28th, 2005, 05:26 PM   #1383
Regular Crew

Vegas Monitor

Hi there,
Would somebody explain how to set Vegas 6, so that to use a tv monitor via my miniDV cam? I heard that this is possible after connecting the DV camera to firewire, then to TV set or monitor. If this is so, what are the settings in Vegas for that reason? I tried References>Preview Device>OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394/DV, but there was not any audio and video signal to the TV through the DVcam. So,some suggestions?
Thank you in advance!
Old April 28th, 2005, 05:34 PM   #1384
Regular Crew

I have both Vegas 5 and 6 installed together in one and same general folder SONY. Of course, then there are two separate folders - Vegas 5 and Vegas 6. Now there is not matter what version I would work with. All the plug-ins, settings, presets are ok for both v5 and v6. Only the scripts are needed to be placed into dedicated Vegas 6 directory /folder/. Go ahead!!!
Old April 28th, 2005, 05:46 PM   #1385
Regular Crew

Seem like you have it set up right. Did you hit the external preview button on the preview window? Was the video showing in the camera? Audio will NOT preview through the camera, but through your sound card.

Gary
Old April 28th, 2005, 10:45 PM   #1386
Sponsor: JET DV

I always install to the default folders. When doing that, there is NO problems having multiple versions installed. My other laptop has Vegas 4, Vegas 5, and Vegas 6 installed and all run fine.
Old April 29th, 2005, 06:39 AM   #1387
Major Player

Hello,

Ok thanks guys.. I think i will install it.. Yippee!!

Mike
Old April 29th, 2005, 07:12 AM   #1388
Regular Crew

slow motion with canon GL2

Hello...

I am making some videospots for my music band and I have a problem with one thing: I want to make some shots play in slow motion (like in the most of videospots, or some fight scenes in matrix)... But slow motion, which I can get from my takes in Vegas 5.0, isn't good for me... It isn't smooth, if you know what I mean... I make it like this: just move down speed of playing a shot from 1 to let's say 0,75... And it isn't smooth...

I made a test with both modes on GL2: frame and normal. Is it better to do that things with normal mode?

Or must I buy some PLUG-IN for Vegas or use some other programs (Premiere?)...

Thanx a lot for the answers...

Marko
Old April 29th, 2005, 07:26 AM   #1389
New Boot

unable to open some avi

Why sometimes I can not open Avi files in Vegas? It only read sound, but not the video.... I know, thah can be because of some codecks in the avi files, but which one (codeck) is problematic???
I have instaled almost every codecks (divX, Xvid, 3ivX, sorenson, mpeg, quicktime etc...)

thanks
Old April 29th, 2005, 08:51 AM   #1390
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Kleiner
Seem like you have it set up right. Did you hit the external preview button on the preview window? Was the video showing in the camera? Audio will NOT preview through the camera, but through your sound card.
Gary
Nooo, just there is not any video signal, even in the camera. I knoe that I adjusted the settings properly. But there is one thing in my mind: have I to place the cable in different jack of the firewire? I think that firewire is in/out plug at the same time. Or not???
Old April 29th, 2005, 09:05 AM   #1391
Trustee

Probe it with GSpot or avicodec.
Old April 29th, 2005, 10:42 AM   #1392
Major Player

Edward Wrote:

>>>My other laptop has Vegas 4, Vegas 5, and Vegas 6 installed and all run fine.

Edward,

Is there a specific tool/technique or advantage in keeping Vegas 4 around?

I am guessing that you may have a vendor-service need related to Excalibur users who may still be using Vegas 4, but for your own work, does Vegas 4 still see some use?

Thanks,

Brian
Old April 29th, 2005, 11:01 AM   #1393
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plamen Petrov
Hi there,
Would somebody explain how to set Vegas 6, so that to use a tv monitor via my miniDV cam? I heard that this is possible after connecting the DV camera to firewire, then to TV set or monitor. If this is so, what are the settings in Vegas for that reason? I tried References>Preview Device>OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394/DV, but there was not any audio and video signal to the TV through the DVcam. So,some suggestions?
Thank you in advance!
What cam is it? It might not support pass-though.
Old April 29th, 2005, 11:22 AM   #1394
Tourist

Vegas dvd to fit TV screen

Dear Vegas Users

I would like to make DVD's with Vegas 5 which fit my TV screen better, without losing the edges of my DV.

I have figured out a way to go about it. Please assist me and advise if I am doing the right thing.

I use the PAL video event pan/crop and change the 4:3 Standard TV aspect ratio to the position 780.0 : 639.1. This make the video tracks fit the outer safe preview area very nicely. The whole track is visible and it appears fine during preview. No doubt a small black frame will appear if I watch this dvd later on my pc monitor, but I hope it will look better (the whole picture) on TV.

Please advise:
a) Am I doing the right thing?
b) Is there an easier and better way?
c) Will it affect the quality of my final rendered DVD?
d) Should I change the rendering setting if I use this Vegas video event like this?

Many thanks for your help

Greetings from New Zealand
wijdeveld@xtra.co.nz
Old April 29th, 2005, 11:31 AM   #1395
Regular Crew

TVs oversacn, cutting off a bit of the image. Every TV is a bit different in how much overscan it has.That's the way the world is.

If you customize your DVD to a particuar TV, what happens when you get a new set or take it over to aunt Jane's house?

Gary
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...