Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q1Q2) - Page 89 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old April 23rd, 2005, 01:02 PM   #1321
Obstreperous Rex

Thanks; thread moved to Vegas forum.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old April 23rd, 2005, 01:53 PM   #1322
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel
No you're not. It WILL work with a separately recorded audio source IF you manually group them.
Well, that's fantastic (both the fact that it works this way and that I didn't get a 'well, duh'!).

I'm struggling to understand how it works though. Do the audio and video have to be lined up correctly before first being grouped?
Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:00 PM   #1323
Wrangler

Check out the Ultimate S or the Still Motion plug-ins at the VASST website (click here). They'll help you with your photo montage.
Old April 23rd, 2005, 09:15 PM   #1324
Regular Crew

Sony Wave Hammer problem

All of a sudden, when I use Wave Hammer in Sound Forge or Vegas, I get random electronic beeps sprinkled throughout the file. I Google searched and determined that maybe my program has somehow reverted to "demo mode," but no real solution on how to fix it back.

I haven't changed anything on my computer in quite a while, and everything worked well for months -- until just now. I use Vegas 5 and Sound Forge 7, running XP Pro SP2. Never had a problem with Vegas or Sound Forge before this.

This is extremely frustrating. I understand the need to protect against pirating programs, but this is ridiculous! My programs were already registered, but I figured I'd try re-registering -- it didn't fix it. Can anyone help?
Old April 23rd, 2005, 09:27 PM   #1325
Major Player

Did you recently make a change such as upgrade to SF7?
or and any plugins?
Old April 23rd, 2005, 09:32 PM   #1326
Regular Crew

Slow render in V5.

I have read through the forums regarding this previously, but I dont think this applies?

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...ht=slow+render

I am having the same problem with the slow rendering to mp2, with pre-rendered dv avi's.

But I am starting to think that it may be more of a system wide issue. This machine used to SMOKE (box has a xeon), and now it seems like its struggling to just do random, everyday stuff, like opening rendered files and such, displays a black screen but audio rolls in WMP, the images have to catch up a few frames later.

I went through all the processes running in xp, and went down the line to see what does what.

Nothing too out of the ordinary, but there are a lot of them running. I do run norton antivirus, but generally disable it during rendering. Just seems to have slowed to a crawl.

specs from belarc:

Dell Computer Corporation Precision WorkStation 530 MT
2.20 gigahertz Intel Pentium III (XEON)
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache

WDC 120.00 GB
WDC 80.03 GB
LaCie 1394 Disk drive 80.02 GB
512 Megabytes Installed Memory
Slot 'RIMM_1 ' has 256 MB
Slot 'RIMM_2 ' has 256 MB

280.04 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity

RADEON 7000 SERIES [Display adapter]
EMC 15.7 [Monitor] (15.7"vis, June 2002)
EMC 15.7 [Monitor] (15.7"vis, July 2002)
111.03 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

About once a year, I wipe my machine for good housekeeping. I am about due. Does it sound more like an operating system problem?

What about some kind of benchmark app that will tell me whats eating what up other than the one provided my xp?

Thanks!
Old April 23rd, 2005, 09:34 PM   #1327
Rextilleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Trainor
I have read through the forums regarding this previously, but I dont think this applies?

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...ht=slow+render

I am having the same problem with the slow rendering to mp2, with pre-rendered dv avi's.

But I am starting to think that it may be more of a system wide issue. This machine used to SMOKE (box has a xeon), and now it seems like its struggling to just do random, everyday stuff, like opening rendered files and such, displays a black screen but audio rolls in WMP, the images have to catch up a few frames later.

I went through all the processes running in xp, and went down the line to see what does what.

Nothing too out of the ordinary, but there are a lot of them running. I do run norton antivirus, but generally disable it during rendering. Just seems to have slowed to a crawl.

specs from belarc:

Dell Computer Corporation Precision WorkStation 530 MT
2.20 gigahertz Intel Pentium III (XEON)
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache

WDC 120.00 GB
WDC 80.03 GB
LaCie 1394 Disk drive 80.02 GB
512 Megabytes Installed Memory
Slot 'RIMM_1 ' has 256 MB
Slot 'RIMM_2 ' has 256 MB

280.04 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity

RADEON 7000 SERIES [Display adapter]
EMC 15.7 [Monitor] (15.7"vis, June 2002)
EMC 15.7 [Monitor] (15.7"vis, July 2002)
111.03 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

About once a year, I wipe my machine for good housekeeping. I am about due. Does it sound more like an operating system problem?

What about some kind of benchmark app that will tell me whats eating what up other than the one provided my xp?

Thanks!
Have you run Hi-Jack this on that machine---It's obvious you use the machine to surf the web and it sounds to me like you might have some spyware or malware etc that might be playing havoc.
Old April 23rd, 2005, 09:40 PM   #1328
Regular Crew

I don't know what I could have done that affected it. I've updated Vegas a few times, but my last update to Vegas was quite a while ago. And I've never updated SF (I bought right before SF8 came out, and 7.0b Build 301 was what came in the package... I think that's the latest version). The strange thing is that the only thing affected was Wave Hammer. SF itself and all of the other effects I tried worked fine (and show up as registered when I did help>about).

In any case, I should have searched harder before posting. I found a similar question and answer on the Sony website forums right after I posted this. The answer was to uninstall and reinstall Sound Forge. I hate solutions like that, but I just did it and now I have Wave Hammer back. I've lost all of my effects presets in the uninstall/reinstall process, though. :(

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I hope this isn't something I'm going to have to do every few months.
Old April 23rd, 2005, 09:43 PM   #1329
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Mintzer
Have you run Hi-Jack this on that machine---It's obvious you use the machine to surf the web and it sounds to me like you might have some spyware or malware etc that might be playing havoc.
No. I run adaware often, and AV.

I think that if I flatten it and start over, will keep it off the network, and use my laptop to check email and all that....Just a bit of a hassle, I suppose.

Will check out HI-JACK.

**edit** ran HIJACK, not sure what to do with the results...
Old April 23rd, 2005, 10:11 PM   #1330
Sponsor: JET DV

Whatever alignment it is when you group them is the alignment that will be used by Vegas. So... make sure they ARE aligned when you group them.
Old April 23rd, 2005, 10:21 PM   #1331
Fred Retread

DVD does not return to Main Menu at end

I just made my first DVD with DVD Architect 2.0

It uses only one video file (a stage musical), but I created two submenus under the main menu, Act 1 and Act 2, and distributed the appropriate chapter links in sequence to Act 1 and Act 2. Each has three pages with up to eight chapter links on each. Everything works except that at the end of the last chapter it returns to the last chapter page instead of the main menu.

Any suggestions?
Old April 23rd, 2005, 10:25 PM   #1332
Fred Retread

Utilizing Vegas + DVD integration

What are some of the main ways to exploit the integration between Vegas 5 and DVD Architect 2.0?
Old April 23rd, 2005, 10:28 PM   #1333
Regular Crew

It just switched itself back into demo mode.

When I wrote the previous post, I had just run SF after uninstalling and reinstalling, and Wave Hammer was back to normal. Now I just ran Vegas, opened the file where I noticed the problem, and Wave Hammer was beeping again. Sure enough, the dialog box for Wave Hammer says "demo" again!

I closed Vegas, ran SF again, and indeed, in SF Wave Hammer is in demo mode again. I tried everything on the Sony website, but it hasn't worked. I'll be calling Sony on Monday, but if anyone knows any solution in the meantime, I'd appreciate it.
Old April 23rd, 2005, 10:34 PM   #1334

Put markers on the timeline for each chapter point. When you render, make sure you check the "Include Markers" option. These markers will then be used by DVDA as chapter points. This is true whether you use DV-AVI or MPEG2

A second way would be to use a batch rendering program to render to both MPEG2 and AC3 as a single step.

Use something like the Asset Collector in Excalibur which will also let you specify regions to render for motion backgrounds/buttons and pick still images that could be used as menus as well as the renders mentioned above.
Old April 23rd, 2005, 10:38 PM   #1335

Is the end-action of the video pointing to the correct menu?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...