Vegas Video discussions from 2003 - Page 115 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old December 12th, 2003, 01:27 PM   #1711
Sponsor: JET DV

The GL-2 has a switch for this like the Sonys? Our XL-1 just "handles" it and determines whether we need "in" or "out" automatically.
Old December 12th, 2003, 02:44 PM   #1712
Regular Crew

It looks like that. I'm a bit surprised, as I never had to switch anything on the XL1, like you mentioned.
Old December 12th, 2003, 05:18 PM   #1713
Major Player

Architect question-link an image

Hello,

I am diving into Architect for the first time, and have not been able to figure out how to link an image to a piece of video..I have read over the help files, but must be overlooking something..I am doing a simple DVD with 2 buttons on the main menu, I would like each one of the images to play a video clip when selected??

Mike
Old December 12th, 2003, 05:46 PM   #1714
Major Player

Hello,

Ok, never mind, I have figured it out !!!!

Mike
Old December 12th, 2003, 08:40 PM   #1715
Major Player

That was quick! ;)

LOL! :D
Old December 12th, 2003, 11:22 PM   #1716

Yeah, it seems backwards. You have to create a link and then change the picture instead of adding a picture and then creating a link.
Old December 13th, 2003, 10:01 AM   #1717
Major Player

Just as long as it works. And once I got the hang of it, DVD Architect has never failed me! :)

Ted
Old December 13th, 2003, 07:16 PM   #1718
Inner Circle

Just as long as it works. And once I got the hang of it, DVD Architect has never failed me! :)

before you jump ahead, i strongly suggest you read the SoFo forums as well as aother threads here with regard to Architect..

it DOES have issues...

good program, but many issues...
Old December 13th, 2003, 10:21 PM   #1719
Major Player

Another Architect question

Hello,

OK, Still in the learning curve on Architect..I go to the properties menu and I set it up to show my opening piece of video(I forget what it is called, but the intro piece of video when the DVD is first inserted and palys) Ok, when i go to preview my project, I nver see the intro, it goes right to the Main Menu.. Everyting else seems fine.. Just wondering if this is normal, and is there a way to preview this intro before burning??

Thanks
Mike
Old December 13th, 2003, 10:56 PM   #1720

The "preview" button has a drop down arrow beside it. Press the drop-down arrow and click on "Preview All" instead of just "Preview"

As an alternative, once in preview mode, you can press "stop" on the remote and then press "Play"
Old December 13th, 2003, 11:01 PM   #1721

It doesn't so much have "issues" as it does "missing features". It is a very stable and very capable program. Do I wish it had end actions? YES. Do I wish it has some other features? YES. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do in the next version!
Old December 14th, 2003, 01:52 AM   #1722
Regular Crew

Compiling multiple .veg files

Hey everyone,
I'm editing 10 games of high school varsity footbal and making a dvd. The easier way I figured out was to make each game an individual project and in the end just compile all of them into one. Is this even possible? This would be really helpful and less stressful on the CPU. Any info I'd like to here. Thanks

-Kay

http://www.curtkay.com
I WILL not be held down.
Old December 14th, 2003, 02:42 AM   #1723
Regular Crew

Layout the individual files with the same track structure (the same number and position of video and audio tracks). To combine, open the first project and then open another copy of Vegas with the other projects. Select all and copy. Then click on the location you want to insert into the first project, at the top most track and paste. I do this quite a bit when roughing up scenes for a film and then putting them together.
Old December 14th, 2003, 03:05 PM   #1724

Here's how I do many events. Like you, I break different sections into different projects. When a section is done, I render it to a new AVI file. When all sections are done, I create a "final" project in which I import all of the individual AVI files.
Old December 14th, 2003, 05:00 PM   #1725
Regular Crew

Edward,
What are your settings when you export each scene? are you using meg2 dvd quality?

Anyways, that seems like the easiest way... I can't afford to lose quality through renders though ( I know there will be a slight lose ).

Thanks for the tip!

(ps. I still haven't recieved my tsunami manual pdf =P)
your script rocks!!!!! makes my life 10x easier

http://www.curtkay.com
I WILL not be held down.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...