Vegas Video discussions from 2003 - Page 27 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old June 18th, 2003, 12:48 PM   #391
Sponsor: JET DV

How about the "Maintain Aspect Ratio" and "Stretch to fill frame" boxes (lower left-hand corner). Are these checked? Try them in various checked/unchecked positions. I believe mine are always checked. (They are both checked on the computer I have here).
Old June 18th, 2003, 01:05 PM   #392
Major Player

I too think Edvard's replys ought to take care of it. What are your project settings? And your footagetype? Any or both interlaced? Same setting (lower first or...)? And how big is the black margin you're getting?
Old June 18th, 2003, 01:51 PM   #393
Wrangler

I did the "maintain Aspect Ratio" but was unaware of a "stretch to fill frame"...I'll have to give that a shot.

How about the other odditie (don't want to call it a problem) regarding the way a clip looks when viewing it through the pan/crop tool? Does it distort it for everyone?
Old June 18th, 2003, 02:32 PM   #394
Major Player

I have noticed some distortion on my monitor, once in a while, but, it never transfered to the rendered project.
Old June 18th, 2003, 04:56 PM   #395
Wrangler

I should post an image of what I'm talking about- I'll do a screen capture and post it.
Old June 18th, 2003, 06:04 PM   #396
Wrangler

Nevermind I found out the problem. As I was trying to reproduce the problem to take a screen capture I found out what was going on. Apparently when I had a sweeping motion over a still photograph I only made two key frames a beginning and an end key frame. As it animated from the start position to the zoomed end position on the photograph some areas in between the selection box traveled a little bit outside the image. I couldn't see this becuase I didn't have "sync to timeline cursor" selected. Once I selected it it actually animated the selection box as the clip played out and I saw the areas where the box overstepped the bounds.

Ok one problem solved. Now if I could only re-create that odd squeazing of photos/video while viewing it in the pan crop box. It was doing it on my laptop last night but haven't been able to recreate the problem on my desktop computer!
Old June 18th, 2003, 11:20 PM   #397
New Boot

Vegas Print-To-Tape Problems

Just wondering if anyone else was having problems with Vegas's Print-to-tape program? I know of a few people having this problem and none of us can figure it out.

It only affects us in Vegas 4, but it's not sending a signal out threw my firewire. When editing I can preview the video on an external monitor threw the firewire but print-to-tape doesn't want to work. Vegas 3 works fine, think I've checked every setting possible and am running out of ideas.

Any suggestions anybody?

Thanks,

Joe
Old June 19th, 2003, 01:08 AM   #398
Inner Circle

is it telling you its not the right format...
cause thats the error i get...

which is why i dont print to tape anymore uless i have to..
im lucky my work doesnt require excessive tape dupes...
Old June 19th, 2003, 04:30 AM   #399
Major Player

It's the smoothing factor I think, that will sometimes go beyond the frame in its attemp to create beautiful sweeps. You can straighten it up by 1> adding a keyframe along the line (it will then smoothe between A-B and B-C) or 2> select lesser smooth and/or select linear keyframing. I've been had by this side effect, too.
Old June 19th, 2003, 06:58 AM   #400
RED Code Chef

Did you try playing the timeline and then recording it? Does that
work?

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old June 19th, 2003, 09:06 AM   #401
Slash Rules!

I had this same issue, but only when I tried to print footage uncompressed, for some reason. Every other time it works.
Old June 19th, 2003, 10:55 AM   #402
Inner Circle

Just goes to show how goofy computers and software can be. I have no problem doing PTT (I do a masterDV tape of everything)- Vegas 4c works fine going right off the timeline. Have you tried going from the capture screen?
Don B.
Old June 19th, 2003, 11:04 AM   #403
Sponsor: JET DV

You could probably also eliminate it by changing smoothness to 0 (instead of the default 100).
Old June 19th, 2003, 05:12 PM   #404
Regular Crew

I likewise have had no problem with PTT using Vegas 4.0c outputting to my Sony VX2000 and recording to miniDV.
Old June 19th, 2003, 07:35 PM   #405
New Boot

It works fine when I view the video from the timeline, would you guys recommend recording from the timeline like that, is there a quality as good on the timeline vs. print-to-tape?

My problem was when I click on Capture Video, it opens up the Capture Video, Print-to-tape program and I can capture video just fine but I can't load any video to output.

I'm sending my signal from pc, out threw firewire, to Sony DVMC-DA2 converter box(which translate to analog), to my tv monitor.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Joe
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...