Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 - Page 27 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old April 26th, 2004, 06:52 PM   #391
Trustee

When you exported them, the names were in numerical sequence. Import them into Premiere by selecting the first one and checking the box that says they are a numerical sequence.
Old April 26th, 2004, 10:16 PM   #392
Regular Crew

Help! Premier Pro newbie

Ok, I have been working with Pinnacle 8 for several months. It was my first editing experience and I love the program. You don't need to touch the book and it can do any basic functions that I need. However, I am making an extreme sports video and need good slow motion. I got Premier Pro and wow!! I am scratching my head and can't do the first thing. I may enroll in class or something but for the mean time, I am dead in the water. My immediate solution is to do all the basic edits and piece together my video in Pinnacle and then transport the whole file into Premier for the slow motion. How do I do that? How do I get the edited video footage from my files in Pinnacle over to premier to add the slow motion? Do I need to record it back out to a minidv tape and then re-capture it? As is obvious by now, I am very new at this. Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks
Sam
Old April 26th, 2004, 10:22 PM   #393
Regular Crew

i used p pro for the first time last night also, and its actually pretty simple. i figured that you could do a "slow motion" on the clip by right clicking/speed duration. you can adjust either speed or duration of the clip. i dont think you can access speed/duration settings if your clip is linked with an audio track. to unlink the audio from the video track, right click/unlink audio from video. you will now be able to access speed/duration settings...

there may be another way to do it, but this is the only way that i know how.

ive heard the slow motion in p pro sucks though, and youre much better off doing slow motion in after effects..

i could be wrong, feel free to correct me...

=)

good luck! :D
Old April 26th, 2004, 10:24 PM   #394
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Jan Roovers : I am always afraid to use ripple delete because i don't know what it does exatcly anf i am afraid for surpises.

Who can give me more trust in the process? Whar does it doe and what safeguards it? -->>>

haha...thats what im thinking...what the heck is ripple delete!? :D haha...
Old April 27th, 2004, 01:36 AM   #395
Regular Crew

Just like anything in the video editting work there is about a dozen ways to do this. Try this turtorial to start out with. It worked nicely when I used it once.

http://www.marcpeters.co.uk/dallas-titles.html
Old April 27th, 2004, 08:10 AM   #396
Regular Crew

Green Screen DV to Windows Media

I am about to shoot some green screen for a project in a couple of days. It is not a must to use the green screen and I am debating whether or not to do it based on some tests that I have shot.

I am using the Matrox RTX100 to do the chroma keying. The NTSC looks very good on the monitor for my test footage. However, when I encode to WM9 I get lots of artifacts around the subject area. Is it typical that ultra-compressed formats such as WM9 will look bad around the edges on chroma keyed clips?

My end product will be delivered on CD and will be a compressed format, probably WM9 or Quick-time and NOT DVD.

Would chroma keying in AfterEffects yield better results?
Old April 27th, 2004, 08:59 AM   #397
RED Code Chef

I would begin with an un-install and then re-install of Premiere.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:04 AM   #398
Regular Crew

You have much more control over your key in AE, so if you know what you are doing then you could def. get better results. However, I dont know about the quality when you compress it.
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:10 AM   #399
Regular Crew

I have done a lot of Slo-Mo with PPro and the results have been acceptable. I like turning on the frame blend speed option (right click, go to field options).
As for your question about doing the edit in Pinnacle, all you have to do is save the final product in pinnacle to a format that PPro accepts. I recommend .AVI . Then open pro, select file/import or double click in the project window and select your file. Then drop it onto the time line, right click and go to speed duration, and presto! speed changes in PPro.
I would recommend trying to do the edit in Pro however. You have to learn sometime! Get the manual, and start playing. You will figure it out before too long. Good luck!
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:21 AM   #400
Regular Crew

I just tried using AE for the same footage and could not obtain any acceptable results. My lighting of the green screen was not even and with AE I was only able to get have the background keyed out without keying out the subject. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but there are only controls available in AE where there are a lot more with Matrox and you can select a range of colors for your keying too. I could not figure out how to do this in AE.
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:23 AM   #401
Regular Crew

Well, I knew it was easy. Thanks.
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:23 AM   #402
Wrangler

Do you have the standard or professional edition of AE? If you have the pro version then there should be far more controls. But as fo rthe standard version you get about the same chroma key controls as you do with premiere (not very many). Using the Matrox plug in will give you more.

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:26 AM   #403
Wrangler

It can be tricky uninstalling plug in files, unless there was an uninstall application when you installed the plugin. Plug-ins are normally kept with in the plugin folder of Premiere. But rather than fidderling around in there I would to a re-install, like Rob suggested.

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:47 AM   #404
Major Player

For greenscreen shots, you have to avoid compressing your source video.

Capture the video directly to the native format of your capture device. Any additional compression will add at least some artifacts to your video that increase the difficulty in getting good composits. WM9 may be fine for a final release, but it's terrible for keying work.

Good luck.
Have fun.
Old April 27th, 2004, 10:06 AM   #405
Regular Crew

Thanks for the replies.

I do have AE professional version 6. The chroma key effect has the following controls available:

key color
color tolerance
edge thin
edge feather

-----------------------------------

I am editing in DV, so far using Matrox DV codec. Like I said, the DV edit with the chroma key applied looks good on my test. But when I take this clip and write to windows media, that is when I am noticing objectionable artifacts. I even tried WM9 "uncompressed" and it did not look much better. My green screen test footage was not lit quite as well as my production will be.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite