Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 - Page 35 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old May 26th, 2004, 02:44 AM   #511
Wrangler

Johnny,

Can you please explain what you are doing? I have never seen this problem. Could it be the compression type you are using on your footage. How are you previewing it? Does it happen if you import a title made in photoshop?

It could just be that after effects alpha is better or that its titles have a better engine?

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old May 26th, 2004, 07:16 AM   #512
Regular Crew

Okay if I capture the video in Pro and export it to a .mov then it keeps the black bars so I'd asume it would do that with the DVD to (I'll try it sometime) but I looked at the properties and it didn't say anything about it being 16:9. So I don't know but it did work when I exported it to a mov file but It didn't when I tried to expoet it to a window media video. So we'll see I'm shooting a short here and I want to do it in widescreen so I'm just making sure it will work.
Old May 26th, 2004, 09:34 AM   #513
Wrangler

Grain is pretty hard to get rid of in post. However most find that placing 2 instances of the clip, 1 in video track 1 and the other in track 2, then setting a 50% opacity on the clip in track 2 will reduce the problem. They need to be lined up identically. If you don't mind slighty blurred footage then apply a guassian blur, that should also reduce it.

Cheers,

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old May 26th, 2004, 10:24 AM   #514
Major Player

Ed, thank you for helping out the little guys. Im new to pro, and still have alot to learn. Im playing around with it now, ill repost and let you know how it came out. Thanks again.

John DeLuca
Old May 26th, 2004, 04:50 PM   #515
New Boot

black and white with a pinch of color

Anybody know how take black and white video (made by applying the filter) but say, color a small portion (like a Bride's bouquet in a wedding) using Adobe Pro?
Old May 26th, 2004, 07:08 PM   #516
Major Player

5.1 pan/surround not showing in premiere

ok
i'm trying to do a pretty basic surround sound project in premiere pro.

i have a video of a performance where on the left channel i have the clean sound off of the sound board via wireless and on the right channel i have sound from a shotgun mic pointed at the audience.

i want to put the clean soundboard sound on the front speakers and the audience sound on the back speakers.

i can't even get started as in the mixer i can't get the pan thingie to even show up...

i have the balance button but not that rectangular box with the front/back/center speaker icons etc.

any suggestions on how to get this sucker t show up??

matthew
Old May 27th, 2004, 02:40 AM   #517
Wrangler

Rather than explaining it step by step, take a look at wrigley videos Premiere tutorials.

Take a look here, Colour Pass effect:

http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/videotut...premiere60.htm

Although this is for P6 the same effects should still be in Pro.

Old May 27th, 2004, 08:17 AM   #518
New Boot

Thanks! Exactly what I needed.
Old May 27th, 2004, 05:28 PM   #519
Regular Crew

How do you sync audio in post?

If one uses an MD recorder to record audio, how easy/difficult is it to sync with the video in post? Generally speaking, how is it done in PPro?

Thanks!
Old May 27th, 2004, 07:05 PM   #520
Inner Circle

Synching is usually done visually with a slate or some other visual clue (Light flash, hand clap, tapping the mike on camera...)
Old May 28th, 2004, 09:42 AM   #521
Regular Crew

Ahhh. So that is the purpose of those "clap" boards used in filming. :)

What if you leave the MD recorder on for the whole session, for instance a 60min concert, but stop/restart video recording during the session?
Old May 28th, 2004, 09:53 AM   #522
Major Player

...then you will have to trim your audio to match the video...

...what i do in circumstances like that is look for something that makes sound on the video. like looking at a drummer hit a cymbal or someone drop something or maybe even being able to read someone's lips. then, i find it in the audio and line it up. i have never used the clap boards as it hasn't seemed appropriate to have the band wait for me to clap my board...hope that helps...
Old May 28th, 2004, 12:14 PM   #523
Wrangler

Hi Matt,

I have never used the 5.1 features in pro but a drop down menu should appear below the fader for the channel. Then select the mix from the list. The box that allows you to set your speakers will then appear above the audio fader in that channel.

Hope that makes sense...

Old May 28th, 2004, 03:01 PM   #524
Regular Crew

Main concept codec and Premiere 6.5 on WinXP

Hello

How to force premiere 6.5 to use main concept codec instead of microsoft?

I found some manual but it refers to win 2000 where some system operation needed (turning off one of system features) differs from xp.
Old May 29th, 2004, 06:11 AM   #525
New Boot

Do you mean the MC stand-alone encoder? The MPEG decoder (to make DVDs) is supported and comes up when you export to Adobe MPEG Encoder.

I don't think the Main Concept stand-alone can be used directly from Premiere, but I may be wrong.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite