Helping Hands from 2005 - Page 29 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old May 30th, 2005, 06:53 AM   #421
Major Player

I somehow missed earlier that you were still looking for just an internship.
I don't know what your prior letters said, but if you try those places again, stressingthat you will be available in NYC on or after July xx, you may get better responses. Then when you get to town you can call them again... By the time you write two letters and call (being local), that may get you enough "name recognition" to get an appointment or a referral.
Old May 30th, 2005, 12:23 PM   #422
Trustee

My bad Jim, I thought that the documenting of the finding of a job in NYC went without saying... ;)

Of course my post was a last resort kind of thing (except for the advice on how to survive in NYC I stand by most of that) Bob had an even better idea about following up on the letters. I still think that if you're persistant enough there's bound to be someone in NYC who will hire you for a couple of months to work for free...
Old May 30th, 2005, 11:32 PM   #423
New Boot

Gary:
I am local to you and have a Canon XL1S, and I'm available for the times you listed. Do you still need more camermen for your project?
Thanks,
Bruce Marusich
Old May 31st, 2005, 07:27 AM   #424
Major Player

Gonna try to keep this thread alive - Still looking for Shooters in the LA area and possibly Cleveland (John H, please get a hold of me). In despiration, I posted on the Seattle Craigslist.com and got a number of promising responses.

This is a paying gig with a decent rate for someone looking to justify his/her video habit!

Contact me at mcavana3 at nycap dot rr dot com (Sorry for the cryptic e-mail address - trying to reduce spam)
Old May 31st, 2005, 07:36 AM   #425
Capt. Quirk

Maybe you should send everyone to Fla... there seems to be more camera ops here ;)
Old May 31st, 2005, 07:48 AM   #426
Regular Crew

Thanks for the offer of help

Hey everyone thanks for the offer of help. We need it. So far over the weekend we did manage to shoot a teaser trailer for the film. you can check it out here.

http://playingwithdeadthings.com/DEADLANDS.html

Those still interested can email me at

deadlandsthemovie@yahoo.com

Thanks again
Old May 31st, 2005, 10:07 PM   #427
Inner Circle

I've already emailed, and I also remembered there is a local woman who specializes in horror/action films (actually went to school in LA). If I can get ahold of her, I'll ask her to email you. She lives in Alexandria. I worked with her on a music video shoot in DC. That is if you still need a makeup person.

BTW, I may be ugly enough to save you on makeup costs for zombie scenes if that will help(grin).
Old May 31st, 2005, 11:43 PM   #428
Trustee

Mike I can probably get ahold of all the equipment you need I'm in the LA burbank area. Oh and I'm short.
Old June 1st, 2005, 03:12 AM   #429
Regular Crew

update

This project has been put n hold until further notice.

sorry to many things to do first.

Pete
Old June 1st, 2005, 09:46 AM   #430
Regular Crew

Yes I still need Make-up people.
Old June 2nd, 2005, 06:25 AM   #431
Regular Crew

Mike,

I am very experienced in shooting interviews. I am in the Buffalo area which is about 3 hours drive away from Cleveland. I have a 3 chip, probably use the Sony VX-2000 for that, and I have an extensive lighting dept. and great sound. So if you need someone to go to Cleveland I'd do it. The only thing I'd ask for is that my travels are taken care of. I'd probably bring just 1 other guy for the trip.

Let me know if you need me.

Justin

Filmboy44@gmail.com
Old June 2nd, 2005, 06:36 AM   #432
Major Player

Justin,
Thanks - I'll definately keep that in mind. Right now, I'm trying to coordinate talking to a couple of folks in the Cleveland area who look like they could do the job, but have not made committments yet.

Had this job come up a bit earlier, I would have done it myself - I just spent 4 days in the Buffalo area for my daughters graduation from UB. I would have welcomed an afternoon away!

BTW - Everyone, still looking for shooter in the LA area. Have gotten a lot of responses from a posting on Mandy.com, but they all fall into two extremes -

1 - "I have a fully equipted remote truck and crew of 4 - I can do the job for $1,600"; or

2 - "I got this really cool camera for graduation and I'd like to try it out"

I'm looking for something in-between. I've had good luck in the past getting well qualified shooter for short jobs like this (I figure <2 hours with travel and setup, interview and strike) for $100 or less. Not a great wage, but not an insult to a professional. I guess the LA area is a little different.

Last edited by Mike Cavanaugh; June 2nd, 2005 at 06:52 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2005, 06:52 AM   #433
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cavanaugh
Justin,
Thanks - I'll definately keep that in mind. Right now, I'm trying to coordinate talking to a couple of folks in the Cleveland area who look like they could do the job, but have not made committments yet.

Had this job come up a bit earlier, I would have done it myself - I just spent 4 days in the Buffalo area for my daughters graduation from UB. I would have welcomed an afternoon away!

oh wonderful. I just graduated from UB as well :)

so keep me posted.
Old June 4th, 2005, 09:31 AM   #434
Regular Crew

Seattle Shooter

Mike, Send me an e-mail if you'd like. I'm in Kirkland, WA, (Seattle area) and could help out.

Also, I'm going to LA area for my fathers 85th b'day at the end of June(24-25-26) with all my gear. I'll be staying in Pasadena, which is right next to Sierra Madre, and may have an extra day.

Let me know what you're looking for...
Old June 4th, 2005, 12:51 PM   #435
Major Player

Bill, I sent you an e-mail. Thanks
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands