Helping Hands from 2008 - Page 25 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old August 18th, 2008, 08:09 PM   #361
Regular Crew

Need EX1 Videographer in Houston!

Hi Everyone,

I will be leading some master classes at a big conference in Houston in January. I am looking for someone to video tape portions of the event for me on an EX1.

This website has been amazing. I have connected with EX1 owners who have taped parts of my classes recently in Paris and in St. Petersburg, Florida. You can see a video from my recent program which was shot on an EX1, at this link:

The Latest News!

(I have limited skills in video but I was able to edit this 18 minute video together on Final Cut Pro on my Macbook Pro and compress it and upload it to Vimeo!)

I love the Sony and it has worked out great to transfer the video onto my Macbook Pro right at my workshops.

If this is of interest to anyone in Houston, please email me at:

trueacting@actorscraft.com

Thanks!

Larry Silverberg
Old August 20th, 2008, 06:59 AM   #362
Regular Crew

Looking for Video work/ experience in NY

Hello! Any New York event/film videographers, film makers willing to take an inexperienced intern? I have been teaching myself video and edit and I need experience! So far I have filmed two weddings, a couple of performances, two art studios and a fashion show, some of it can be seen here: YouTube - celestina646's Channel and here: erick munari on Vimeo. My eqipment is: Canon XHA1, Canon HV-20 with wide angle lens attached, one good tripod, one bad, MacBookPro 2.4Gb with FCP, a roll of Gaffers Tape, Rode Video Mic, Costco Led lights, a bunch of Hard Drives and headphones.
As I work freelance art handling, my schedulle is fairly flexible, and as much as I do not expect to get paid much for the learning experience, some money would be appreciated (negotiable). I live in Brooklyn. Thank you for the attention, Erick.
Old August 20th, 2008, 10:21 AM   #363
Regular Crew

I have not heard from anyone yet. Any EX1 owners in Houston?
Old August 20th, 2008, 08:14 PM   #364
New Boot

EX1 with surf waterhousing sydney australia

Im in Sydney Australia and i shoot surfing with a sony EX1 camera and custom water housing. I have over 10yrs experience shooting in the water both video and stills photography. My video work has been used in many surfing DVDs. My stills work has been published in magazines worldwide.
My other job is a TVC, doco and feature film sound recordist with 10yrs experience in that field also. Ive assisted sound recordist on many feature films to replace sick or injured boom swingers including recently shot films:
The square
Wolverine
Australia

My kit(s) include:

Sony EX1 HD camera
Century 1.7x tele
Sony wide angle
2x 16gb cards
1x 8gb card
2x U60 batteries
1x U30 battery
manfrotto tripod\
custom surf water housing

Canon 1D mk2 digital camera
Canon 600mm f4
Canon 70-200mm f2.8
Canon 50mm f1.8
Canon 15mm fisheye f2.8
Tokina 10-17mm fisheye
Canon ex580 flash
2x pocket wizard multi-max
custom water housing by aquatech with ports for all lens' except 600mm
pocket wizard remote flash housing for flash on water surface

Sound devices 744T hard drive recorder
Sound devices 4ch mixer
2x lectrosonic radio mics
2x Sony radio mics
K-tech boom pole
416 boom mic
boundary mic
8x lectrosonic IFB

If anyone has any interesting full paid projects needing a sound recordist stills photographer or videographer feel free to contact me.
leeakelly@hotmail.com
Old August 22nd, 2008, 12:15 PM   #365
Major Player

Editor Needed in Lansing, MI

Editor needed for weddings and other projects. Final Cut Studio experience is a plus! Company is located in Lansing market. Contact me with availability / experience / resume / desired pay.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 10:31 PM   #366
New Boot

T.V. Production-Immediate Openning

My name is Adam Drescher the owner of Digital Direct Productions in Washington State.
I have been contracted by a new NAHL hockey team to do all thier video presentations.
This includes a live production near St. Paul, Minnesota on the 17,18, and 19 of Septemeber. I am looking for two camera men with broadcast quality cameras and a production tek to run an a/v board - we will be broadcasting back to Washington State live. Canidates must have previous experience with references. Ideally we would like to see previous work via the web so we can determine validity. If interested email me at DigitalDirectToU@aol.com. Thank you!
Old August 24th, 2008, 08:53 AM   #367
Regular Crew

Hey Ron!

I'm in Lagrange and would have an interest call me if you would like to discuss and are still looking since this thread is a bit dated.

I have been doing wedding and event video for the last three years mainly for friends, family and referals from them. Just upgraded to a Canon XH-1A so looking to expand and improve my skills.

Curt Edwards
513 Talbott Blvd
LaGrange, KY 40031
502-693-1077 cell
curt@mstarvideo.com email
Old August 26th, 2008, 05:27 PM   #368
Major Player

Wedding Shooter in St. Catharines, ON: Sept 27

Passing on this information for a friend of mine. He'll be out of the country for six months and is trying to set up someone to shoot a wedding that he will edit when he gets back. Looking for a shooter with their own gear.

Location: About half way between Beamsville and St. Catharines ON.

Ceremony starts at 2:30 and they want a shooter to stay until the bouquet/garter at about 11:45, so we're looking at probably a bit over nine hours, depending on how much pre-ceremony stuff you want to get.

Ceremony and reception will be at the same venue, so it's a relatively easy shoot, it looks like.

As I said above, please contact marcforeman@hotmail.com with your rate until this weekend. If you are reading this after this upcoming weekend contact mlcraggs@gmail.com

Cheers.
Old August 27th, 2008, 07:09 AM   #369
Major Player

I wanted to bump this post because this project is picking up steam and we're really going to need some help.

Thanks!
Old August 27th, 2008, 07:29 AM   #370
Regular Crew

XHA1 User looking to get Experience, will Shoot for Free!!

Hello Guys,

I have recently acquired my very own HDV Canon XHA1 camera along with Glidecam 2000Pro and a tripod. I am looking to get experience in shooting events such as wedding, any corporate events and etc. I will bring my own gear and all I ask is that I shadow with you so I can get some experience under my belt. As stated in the title, I will shoot for free with my own equipment and all I ask is that you just guide me a little.

If you feel you need an extra person to shoot an event I am your man. You can have an extra camera at the event at no cost and it can look more professional as you can use more shots from various angles so in turn we can both benefit.

I am located in Toronto, Ontario so if you are in the same area or nearby, let me know please.

Thank you,

Karim.
Old August 29th, 2008, 06:17 PM   #371
Regular Crew

Tripod help in Walla Walla, WA???

Hey all-
I just found out from my wife that she wants me to video a friends wedding in Walla Walla on Sunday night...problem is I didn't bring my kit with me and I am already here (I'm from Portland). Does anyone know where I can rent or borrow a decent stick for a Canon XHA1?? Any help would be really really appreciated. You can email me direct at andrew.dryden "at" gmail.com. Thanks again!!
Andy
Old August 29th, 2008, 06:51 PM   #372
Major Player

Looking to rent a GL2 or equiv. in N.O. for tomorrow (30th)

I'm in N.O. and my friend had to get out of town because of the hurricane. So I'm one camera short (well, I have a consumer as a backup). Anyone have a GL2 or similar they could rent me for Saturday evening? I know it's late notice but I just found out.

Call me 337-258-0672

Thanks for looking and pass the word if you know someone,
Kevin
Old August 30th, 2008, 08:17 AM   #373
Major Player

Never mind... mandatory evacuation.

This is retarded!
Old September 2nd, 2008, 05:00 PM   #374
Regular Crew

Motion Graphics Experts...Help!

Do most motion graphics pro's work freelance or are there any people out there looking for a steady paycheck doing that kind of work?

The company I work for is in the process of hiring a new production person and I'm definitely looking for someone with more motion graphics experience than actual shooting/editing experience. While the complete package is always nice, we're based in Virginia, Illinois so we don't see a lot of resumes from people with that kind of experience. Is this because it is a lucrative market and most choose to stay freelance to make more money or are they in such high demand that they never go too long without a job?

Also, what sort of pay does someone in that field usually look for?
Any info will help me at this point because I think I might be looking for something we'll never get (or be able to afford). Any information will help. Also, if your motion graphics skills are impressive and are possibly looking for a full-time job and willing to relocate to Virginia Illinois, I'd definitely like to talk to you.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 08:39 PM   #375
Major Player

I think motion graphics is a more niche thing than shooting/editing, and also it doesn't seem like Illinois is the most booming place to be for graphics or video in general - there aren't a lot of jobs posted on this board for example that are in Illinois.

Craigslist too - it's rare to find video jobs in Bloomington, Champaign, Lafayette, or Springfield, but there are some in Chicago. I think it's just something that's a bit hard to find so the people offering it are few and far between - it's hard to attract them to this area. I've considered leaving for 'greener' pastures a few times myself.

There aren't many downstate schools with good motion graphics being taught either that I know of - we were just taught how to shoot and edit, and that's about it, so there aren't a lot of readily available highly skilled students either I'd guess. I'm sure there's a few classes at SIU or ISU, but again Chicago is the draw around here, if you're going to stay in-state - or at least that's the way it feels to me from my experience.

Not sure about pay. I think freelance is attractive because it offers you the most profit per job, but it's also lumpy, at least for me it is. That's my biggest struggle with it - I have a flexible part-time job that pays the bills in-between, but sometimes the swings are still a little wild - one month you profit $10000 or something, the next it's more like $500. That'd be my selling point if you're trying to land a freelancer - basically you have consistency on your side. You could try to have some kind of profit-based commission or bonus tied in too -- that might be attractive to a freelancer.

Not sure if any of that helps, just my two cents. I don't do a lot of motion graphics so I'm probably not your guy, but I'm in Illinois so I understand the market you're working in a little bit.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands