Show Your Work 2004 - Page 25 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old May 28th, 2004, 02:58 PM   #361
Regular Crew

new Cincere video

For those who remember, I posted a video compilation for an uprising R&B singer by the name of Cincere few months ago. A lot has changed since than. His songs are now being played on four radio station and he has been a KISS FM Combat winner for two consecutive nights this week (KISS FM is a Clear Channel Communications affiliate station )

Anyways. Here's the newest video compilation made up of some recording studio footage I shot and some footage provided to me by the artist. Hope you enjoy it.
Cincere "I DO"
Old May 28th, 2004, 03:34 PM   #362
Regular Crew

nice job, are you going to work with him again in future projects. What are you planning to do with this video?
Old May 28th, 2004, 08:46 PM   #363
Regular Crew

Thanks Alan. The video is being used by Cincere as his promo piece. You might notice that it shows him in various situations as opposed to following a script. This is so that potential record companies can see that he's not just a rookie. Whether I stay with him once he hits the "big time" will be up to him, hopefully he will remember those who helped him on the way to the top, if not, I will still have a satisfaction from a simple fact that I was able to help another human being make a better life for himself.
In a meantime, I have been working on a script for his next title song. This time I will insist on me shooting all the footage because it brings tyears to my eyes when I have to bring in 320x240 15 fps .afs files and use them in his promo.
Old May 29th, 2004, 04:19 PM   #364
Regular Crew

I can see the challenge in working with other people's formats. I have issues working with my own format sometimes!!. I hope he does remembers who helped him out as well. That is everybody's responsability
Old May 30th, 2004, 01:13 PM   #365
Major Player

Bonita (bmx footage)

The town of Bonita Springs Florida just built a new skatepark. I shot all this footage last week on a trv950. Tell me what you think of the shots...

http://home.comcast.net/~dvdustin/on...age/bonita.wmv

http://home.comcast.net/~dvdustin/on...age/bonita.mov

Oh and I'm the one on the Reece's color scheme bike (orange, yellow, and brown).
Old May 30th, 2004, 01:16 PM   #366
Major Player

Oh and some of the shots might seem dark because I forgot to boost up the gain before compressing for the web. Sorry about that.
Old May 30th, 2004, 10:37 PM   #367
Major Player

ARENAHOJ PART 2: 23 sec. experimental short

Do you like ghosts and mysteries in deserted places?

The second part of the short experimental fun-filmproject ARENAHOJ has been finished and is online from now. Go to www.orphic.nl/odm/html/arenahoj-2.html to watch this 23 seconds flick (2.4 MB, Quicktime).

Despite it's simplicity, Part 2 required a lot of editing to keep light reflections and other moving cars from the screen. Shot with the DVX100.

Peter Sieben
Old May 30th, 2004, 10:46 PM   #368
Regular Crew

Hey peter, I like it. Nice composition and the light is nice too, i image it was all available light? how did u get the thing to go up an down? Was there compositing work involved to do that? The only thing that i didnt think worked was the skreetch noise the car made when it came to a stop. Didnt seem to match what the car was doing.

http://www.rich-lee.com
Old May 30th, 2004, 10:59 PM   #369
Major Player

Thanks for your quick reply.
Yes, it was filmed with the available light. I used the new film look tools in Vegas 5 to make it look like this. I filmed the object going up and down. But a car was going under it, so I used the Cookie Cutter in Vegas to black out parts of the screen and fill those gaps with material shot a couple of seconds later or earlier. On some point the screen shows 3 different kind of videos, as the car you see was driving parallel with another one in the track behind it. A similar thing was caused by lightreflections of different cars.
The car break sound isn't really fitting, I know. I searched for a good sound also on internet, but used this one as the best I could find before I got bored with it ;-)

Peter Sieben
Old May 31st, 2004, 04:35 AM   #370
RED Code Chef

Looked pretty neat and original. Nice job!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old May 31st, 2004, 04:58 AM   #371
RED Code Chef

It looked good, but I do have some remarks:

- I disliked the transitions halfway through (1:25) with the fox
footage. The last transition just popped away as well. That didn't
look professional to my eye

- I would've tried to remove as much of the logo's as possible.
Especially the information lines on the bottom. A letterbox would've
at least removed that.

- I would not have included the piece at around 2:20 with the
girl on stage. He is not paying any attention to her.

- At the end you have the exact same shot (album cover?) that
you just did moments earlier (the one where you "zoom" in).
That looks a bit "cheap" when done so soon again.

Good luck on your new project! And definitely try to shoot your
own footage.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old May 31st, 2004, 06:50 AM   #372
Regular Crew

Thanks for your comment Rob. Some of the things you mention make absolut sense to me however the manager wanted these parts in there to show his interaction with the audience and the fact that he's been on all these TV shows, hence the station logo.
Go figure :-(
Old May 31st, 2004, 11:26 AM   #373
Regular Crew

I loved the opening sequence with the shadows.
Would you have been able to get closer to the bikers? Some of their trick would have looked mighty great if the camera was right there underneath. Of course you might have been tied down by the safety rules of the park.
The music was unusually fitting to the video itself although for some reason I thought I will be listening to punk rock.
Keep 'em comming
Old May 31st, 2004, 11:39 AM   #374
Major Player

After Effects animation for festival commercial

This isn't the most mind-blowing After Effects work you'l ever see, but I'm fairly proud of it, particularly considering how quickly it had to be done:

AthFest 2004 -- requires Quicktime 6. Will automatically play in new browser window

www.karatemedia.com/video/athfestweb.rm -- RealPlayer version. Right-click and save to your computer.

The visuals were done in three evenings this past week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. The audio was done on Thursday. I'm not real happy with the audio quality, but to be honest it's acceptable for they paid.

The ad is not as "complete" as I had envisioned it; I was thinking more of an actualy trip through downtown, with a lot more going on, but I didn't have the time. They didn't ask for this style -- as usual, I was just handed a disc with some pictures and music on it and told to make an ad. Techically, they would have gotten their money's worth if I'd just thrown some still pictures up on the screen, but I wanted to challenge myself (and as with some of the graphic spots I do, I knew that I had a little artistic freedom over the spot, for the most part).

I'm still waiting for their final approval of the spot, but I wanted to throw it out here for you to see. Like I said, it's far from perfect, but it is probably the most interesting TV ad they've ever had for this festival.
Old May 31st, 2004, 11:54 AM   #375
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Rafal Krolik : I loved the opening sequence with the shadows.
Would you have been able to get closer to the bikers? Some of their trick would have looked mighty great if the camera was right there underneath. Of course you might have been tied down by the safety rules of the park.
The music was unusually fitting to the video itself although for some reason I thought I will be listening to punk rock.
Keep 'em comming -->>>

Its actually pretty hard to get right up under the riders without using a really wide fisheye lens, which I don't have. I have a couple shots from up close but they just didn't look right to me so I didn't use them. Thanks for all the compliments!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work