Show Your Work 2004 - Page 26 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old May 31st, 2004, 06:16 PM   #376
Regular Crew

New Webisodes for my Documentary

Hi all:

I just finished shooting a documentary on a Black College Bus Tour and produced several 6 to 10minute webisodes while we were on the road for two weeks.

Please view and submit coments on them while I'm in post production on the doc

http://www.blackcollegebustour.com/media/index.html

Thanks and have a great week
Old May 31st, 2004, 10:19 PM   #377
New Boot

The Unusuals

This is a little project we wanted to keep ourselves busy with. A challenging enough size to keep our brains on tap, yet spread out over several months to keep the workload down on our already tapped out lives.

Ever want to be a superhero? So do these guys, and they have 'special' powers. So special our story starts in a support group for heroes with crappy super powers. Poor lads...

Check out Episode One at www.american-ocean.com and navigating to the films section.

Hope you like it, be gentle on the sound!
Shane
Old June 1st, 2004, 03:19 AM   #378
RED Code Chef

It might be a bit much to ask people to watch all 8 episodes
when time for most people is limited. Is there an episode you
feel we should definitely watch to comment you on?

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old June 1st, 2004, 07:44 AM   #379
Major Player

Stephen,

Good job on the video. I only had to time to watch one, so I chose the Atlanta one. I think captured the feel well, and you did a good job on many of the shots, but I do have a few opinions to offer:

1. The main issue for me is that I wanted to hear people talking earlier. People and their impressions are always the most interesting thing to me, and I think to most people. I feel like it should have much more of that, or if there is only so much video of people talking then you should have it earlier in the video, or divide of the interview and intersperse it with other images.

2. The pacing dragged a little bit for me. For example, in the beginning, when we are seeing people set up for the group photo it is interesting, but I don't think we need that much. Fundamentally the final pose is what we are looking for, but what makes video fun is that we show how they got there. I agree with that, I just think a couple of seconds does just fine and keeps it more interesting.

3. The scrolling text in the intro is a little tough to read because it is competing with the background. You may want to dull the background even further.

Keep it up and have fun.
Old June 1st, 2004, 09:57 AM   #380
Regular Crew

Thanks for the comments they help a lot.

Please just any one that looks interesting.

My favorites are webisode 5, 7&8

Now I'm working on the task of taking the content from several of the webisodes and make a two minute trailor.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 02:04 PM   #381

Dudes at the Bar

DUDES AT THE BAR
http://www.caleodis.com/movies/movies.htm

Like "Who's on First", but modernized ...with ethnicity

available in QUICKTIME, REAL PLAYER, and WINDOWS MEDIA
written & directed by George Caleodis
Old June 2nd, 2004, 02:15 PM   #382
Major Player

Those links do not work for me.... can you check them?
Old June 2nd, 2004, 02:17 PM   #383

hit refresh, I think they are fixed now. They had a problem with the old page.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 08:14 AM   #384
Major Player

Batman's not real?

Not bad. The sound wasn't so great, but it was tolerable. some of the acting was actually pretty good. Especailly the doctor and the Floater. One critisizm I would have is that it is difficult to tell who is sitting where in "the cirlce of trust" the vcr programmer always seemed to be looking the wrong way when he was talking to someone.
All in all it was pretty funny.
I'm thinking, though, if you can levitate a bic pen and make it shoot through the air with any kind of speed at all, you might not be so lame after all. Not to mention, if you drop the speed sequencer off at an old folk's home, he WOULD be a superhero.

I think the idea of doing serial shorts is a good one- in fact I'm involved in the same sort of project right now. Part one is lacking about three shots and a voice over narration. One of the things my parteners and I stipulated was that each segament would be better in every way than the one before it- I'd guess you're working under a similar system.

How long until we see part two?

Michael
" When some wild-eyed, eight foot tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head against a bar room wall, and looks you crooked in the eye, and he asks you if you've payed your dues, well, you just stare that big suker right back in the eye, and you remember what old Jack Burton always says at a time like that, 'Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yes sir, the check is in the mail."
Old June 3rd, 2004, 01:54 PM   #385
Regular Crew

Bottle Of Secrets Preview

hey guy's it's been about six months we've been working on this bottle of secrets project. we Finially got the dv tapes back from our first editor and the director and new editor cut a preview lastnight.

http://www.spotlightunlimited.com/bos/preview.htm

like so many works in progress no color corection or advanced special effects have been done yet.

side note: we've only got 1, 3-5 minute shot left to complete. something to do with a police station, but we havent got the ok to shoot it as of this time...that's been the bigest hold up in finishing the project.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 06:32 PM   #386
New Boot

Yeah, as we'll find out some of The Unusuals aren't so unsuper... and you will indeed find out about Supreme's job (which has to do with Murder She Wrote) at a later time.

With real life getting in the way, we can only hope to get one out per month, so episode 2 is going to be out July 1st. And that's a hope hehe.. we'll see as time flies by.

As for the continuity of the circle, you'll have to take my word on it that they're all looking the right way... I tightened up the editing to take out too much of an establishing shot not really caring for such things, just wanting to nail it down.

Thanks for the reply,
Shane
Old June 5th, 2004, 07:12 PM   #387
Regular Crew

New version of hamlet I made for my literature class

I had to redo Hamlet for my literature class and this is what came out. It's a little rough I only had a month to shoot it but anyway tell me what you guys think of it.

it's 43 megs runs 11 minutes long (then there's a minute of credits then outakes so watch teh whole thing)

Right click and hit save target as
www.zealsolutions.com/12gauge/Telmah.wmv
Old June 5th, 2004, 08:06 PM   #388
Regular Crew

Good job

Good job on your project. It is a job by itself getting that many different people to cooperate on a project. I just about fell out of my chair when the father was kicked with such grace in the last fight scene.

Some technical notes:

Dialogue audio distorts or clips in some dialogue and action scenes - check levels? Could be in the encoding/compression

Room tone or nat sound would have fixed evident sound changes from cutting different takes together in the same scene(s)
Old June 6th, 2004, 07:15 PM   #389
Regular Crew

Yeah the audio for some reason is really bad in parts. It sounds fine on the DVD and the full uncompressed AVI files but the WMV codec screwed it up I guess really not cool anyway thanks for watching.
Old June 7th, 2004, 01:44 AM   #390
Regular Crew

Bodyboarding Video - Newport Beach, CA

Hello everybody. This is my first time showcasing work to the public so be nice to me! :)

This is a video I shot recently at the Wedge in Newport Beach, Ca. I made it for two reasons. One, because there aren't enough bodyboarding videos out there! Two, because the Wedge is an extreme spot with waves that can break your neck if you fall over the top of a wave too late!

Enjoy and feel free to comment.

P.S. The music you hear is from a band called Amber Sky, who's mp3's are available on my page and their own website should be up in a couple days (www.amberskymusic.com)

To get the video head to my blog: www.jeffpatch.com

Thanks!
www.xedgehosting.com
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work