Ridiculous Job Offers / Demands!! - Page 39 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Closed Thread

Old March 31st, 2006, 05:33 PM   #571
Slash Rules!

This is just weirld. Some kind of scam, I'm sure. Don't know how, but it is. He really lost me when he said his stuff was worth 250K. Must be some really nice props.

"Dream Come True
Reply to: gigs-147061673@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-03-31, 5:36PM EST

I've had a very nice day today. I'm reviewing my summer schedule and I've decided I need to make some movies. SO since I'm feeling more like working on some movies rather than handling production I'm going to hold a quasi script contest. I will make my equipment available to two productions this summer for 4-5 days each for free. I have full light kit (Arri & Kinoflo), an HVX200, skateboard dolly & track, full audio kit, and even some props and costumes. (My stuff total is worth about $250,000). Now the 'fine' print.

Two productions will be choosen on the basis of the script and pre-production work. Don't even tell me you want to do your feature, the page count limit is 25 pages, after all you only have 5 days.

All crew, except PAs, must be paid. Including me. However I don't care if you pay everyone $5/day you'll have to negotiate the rates with your crew members.

You MUST get production insurance. For a five day shoot its really cheap so don't flip out.

Pre-production work shall include:
Script
Realistic Shot List (storyboards would help but not required)
List of Script Locations AND 5 possible locations for each Script Location
Preliminary Props List
Preliminary Equipment List
Prelimiary Budget

Money. I'm not going to pay for you to make the film just cut out ALOT of the costs.

DEADLINE MAY 1st

If your pissed about the pay the crew thing then don't bother submitting, personally I usually make at least $300/day without my kit so think about it.
Oh and I'll take care of the dvd distribution if you like as well.

* this is in or around Metro NY
* no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
* Compensation: Free Use Of Stuff "
Old March 31st, 2006, 06:32 PM   #572
Capt. Quirk

Could be an entrpeneur doing a sort of Project Greenlight. Sounded ok to me, if I were a smalltime wanna be movie writer. Some people can write decent shorts, but can't shoot them. Keep in mind what the cost of putting an equipment list can run.
Old March 31st, 2006, 09:16 PM   #573
Slash Rules!

Again, I site how his gear is stated to be worth 250k. That's just not possible. That really bothers me.
Old April 1st, 2006, 11:50 AM   #574
Inner Circle

See how these Low Pay SLIME work

So they want 3 YEARS or MORE experience, with own camera a "plus" and they pay only $100-$150 a day
BUT if you go to their Rates page. You'll see that charge from $1200 a day for a 3 day shoot and and extra $650 for recommended hires (that extra is for recommended hires like you).
http://griotsrollproduction.com/ser.asp

Freelance Videographer

Reply to: see below
No contact info listed below? Let them know.
Date: 2006-04-01, 11:41AM EST

Griot's Roll Production is requesting resumes from videographer with three years or more experience. Owning your own camera a plus, experience in shooting corporate and community style videos also a plus. These are small budget productions pay scale will be in the range of $100-$150 per day. Please email reel and resume to griots@griotsrollproduction.com

this is in or around Manhattan
yes -- it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Old April 1st, 2006, 09:27 PM   #575
Regular Crew

The Sony GL-2

I guess this would be like any other nowhere job except they don't even know who makes the GL-2.

"Grammy award winning R&B/Hip Hop producer is seeking a few cameras (2-3) for an upcomming video shoot scheduled for 4/20/06 in Macon Ga. We are working with little to no budget but may be able to provide a small immediate compensation with more once the project is moving. There will be cameo's of major artist's and producers in the video so the market value will be in place, as well as the fact that the track is a "HOT" one to begin with. Agreements will be signed outlining the project and compensation for work done.

If you are interested and have a camera at least the quality of sony's GL-2, please contact this post. Serious only need respond, if you don't plan on committing to a project like this please don't waste our time or yours by causing production problems."
Old April 1st, 2006, 09:50 PM   #576
Slash Rules!

You should write them and tell them that you'll commit and not waste their time if they commit and pay you a reasonable day rate.
Old April 2nd, 2006, 12:04 AM   #577
Slash Rules!

I'm pretty sure, somewhere, this HAS in fact been done before.

" Help me bring my paranormal based TV show Idea to reality
Reply to: gigs-147383100@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-04-01, 9:45PM EST

Hi,

I write screenplays and fiction. I have a concept for a TV show about the paranormal, magic, occult, unexplained-along those lines. There is a cool catch that is not being done right now.

Please, serious people respond. I have limited film and video production abilities. You should be able to pick up a DV and shoot well, you should be able to edit, you should be very creative and dedicated.

I am not looking to hire a production company, thank you.
I want to write, co-direct, produce, market and edit the pilot to waiting execs in the biz.

As far as pay and budget, well those are subjects that will be discussed once I decide that your the "One".

All people, young and old with talent, expereince and dedication should apply.

I'm ready to break the damn doors down for this concept, I truly believe it's a winner. You will need to sign legal papers to be involved with this project.

Come help me and help yourself.

Please no negative, dreamers, non-mature, anger management folks.

Thanks "
Old April 2nd, 2006, 07:22 AM   #578
Capt. Quirk

Oh. it's been done before. Too many shows have used the paranormal as a theme. BUT... I have an idea that hasn't been used in combination with the paranormal. It's just not P.C.
Old April 2nd, 2006, 01:16 PM   #579
Obstreperous Rex

Last three posts removed... please keep in mind that I really don't want anything vulgar posted on this site. Keep the profanity and vulgarity out of here. Thanks,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old April 2nd, 2006, 04:39 PM   #580
Slash Rules!

Sorry.

what if there's profanity/vulgarity in the job posting?
Old April 3rd, 2006, 05:18 PM   #581
Slash Rules!

I highly suspect Craig Seeman is one of the "re guys" on the New York Craigslist.
Old April 3rd, 2006, 06:14 PM   #582
Capt. Quirk

Did you get me in trouble Josh?
Old April 3rd, 2006, 06:56 PM   #583
Slash Rules!

Hey, if I'm goin' down I'm TAKIN' EVERYONE WITH ME!
Old April 6th, 2006, 05:19 PM   #584
Major Player

here is a funny one. sfo craiglist:

LOOKING FOR CAMERA TO RENT (petaluma)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: gigs-148864848@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-04-06, 3:08PM PDT

I am a videographer with a company out of San Francisco and Hollywood. Our San Francisco camera is rented out on a job and we are looking for a camera to rent for Saturday April 8th, for use in Cotati, CA to film the drummer from Ozzy Osbourne. Compensation: $50.

Let me know if you have a camera that you are willing to rent for three hours.

12 p.m.-3 p.m.

Looking for Cannon XL1/2
Or Panasonic 100A

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Compensation: $50

Old April 7th, 2006, 04:22 PM   #585
Slash Rules!

There's nothing special about this; it just smacks of being a big waste of time. Note the lame grammar. What IS a "reality show-style feature"

"VIDEO, FILM OPPORTUNITY FOR CREATIVE PEOPLE
Reply to: gigs-148943357@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-04-06, 10:11PM CDT

Do you have the talent to create an award winning documentary, film or television program? New Media company launching a talent contest like no other. Need filmmakers, videographer's, with an artistic flair to create a reality show style feature with international and domestic audience. This opportunity will develop into a huge opportunity for money and consistant work for the future

* this is in or around HOUSTON (KATY)
* yes -- it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
* Compensation: TBA "
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business