Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 41 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old April 2nd, 2005, 08:17 AM   #601
Regular Crew

The TV is a JVC I'Art and is not widescreen. As most of my stuff is broadcast on the local access channel, I use it to check titles, and get a better idea of what it looks like on TV.

I do make copies on DVD for distribution, but for broadcast, I output to tape. (back to Mini DV)

I'm using PPro 1.5 and I did do a search, but didn't find an answer that fit my particular question. I'd hate to have to resize every clip especially since I'm just guessing at the correct size.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. It's good to know there are people out there willing to help, even if I find out I can't do what I want to do. ;-)

Dan
Old April 2nd, 2005, 10:18 AM   #602
Trustee

Dan,

You might want to check the manual for your TV to see if it has a feature to letterbox widescreen content. Looking at the JVC web site I see that some of their analog TVs have this feature. Being a smaller model, though, there is probably less chance of this feature being included. Doesn't hurt to check, anyways.

EDIT: By the way, so you have a better idea of what to look for, JVC is calling the feature "16:9 Anamorphic DVD Mode."
Old April 2nd, 2005, 11:34 AM   #603
Regular Crew

external monitor

how do you set up an external monitor (i.e. a TV!) for use with premiere pro? i would like to use a CRT TV to preview footage.

specifically, i would like to know what kind of connecting cable do you use? i understand the cable needs to go from the video card to the TV, but how does it attach? scart cable? do you need certain drivers for it to work?

ps i am in England, therefore PAL
Old April 2nd, 2005, 01:38 PM   #604
Wrangler

Hi Jon,

If you have a hardware accelerator card i.e. Matrox RTX100, Pinnacle DV500, Canopus etc then you simply hook up your monitor via the RCA phono connections (Composite + L&R audio) or via S-video + Phono L&R audio on the braekout box.

If you only have a SCART connection on your TV then you need a Phono to SCART adapter (about £5).

If you don't have any hardware acceleration (i.e. you are running in software only mode). Then you can connect your DV camera (provided it is able to do analog pass-thru)to your firewire port (Make sure the camera is in VCR mode) and then connect the analog outputs on the camera (S-video, phono etc) to your TV. You also need to make sure that Premiere is set to Preview via firewire.

Hope this helps!

Ps nice to see a few more guys from the UK!

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old April 2nd, 2005, 02:12 PM   #605
Regular Crew

Pro 1.5
Old April 2nd, 2005, 02:28 PM   #606
Trustee

Not exactly what you asked but relevant to the project trimer feature.....

I don't recommend running the project trimer feature unless you are absolutely sure you are done with video editing. If you have to go back and adjust clips your screwed if there is not enough video left either side of the clip.

Regards,

Mark
Old April 3rd, 2005, 04:25 PM   #607
Major Player

Software for video encoding

Hi Everyone
I am looking for an all around video encoder software. One that will convert other video files to AVI or AVI to other video files. I use Premiere Pro 1.5 and sometimes I run across a file that PPro won't accept. I did a search on Google and came across this product.

http://www.sofotex.com/Easy-Video-Converter-download_L12496.html

Easy Video Converter. Sounds as if it will do all that I would like. However if anyone knows of a better software please let me know. Thank you for your help

Harry
Old April 3rd, 2005, 08:24 PM   #608
Regular Crew

Thanks

Thanks for the tip sir.
Old April 3rd, 2005, 08:36 PM   #609
Trustee

Well Procoder is very high quality and very powerful, but it's nearly 20X the price of the software you've linked to - ouch!

http://www.canopus.us/us/products/procoder2/pm_procoder2.asp

Depending on what it is you want to open and recode, you may find Virtualdubmod helpful. It's freeware and can open mpeg1, mpeg2 and vob files, in addition to various flavors of avi.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=65889&package_id=63653
Old April 3rd, 2005, 08:54 PM   #610
Trustee

My tutorials are available online for $25 per month. You can probably get After Effects, Photoshop and Premiere Pro all in the same month and then cancel if you plan it right.

http://www.lynda.com
Old April 3rd, 2005, 09:05 PM   #611
Regular Crew

I would reccomend using Procoder Express. Costs about $60 and it is excellent.
Old April 4th, 2005, 07:36 AM   #612
Regular Crew

Nice Site

Wow!!!
Lots of info on this site....thats what I was looking for.

Thank you Mr Gotz.

Steve
Old April 4th, 2005, 11:12 AM   #613
New Boot

Darn it!

I've used the Mackie with a trial of Vegas and it works superbly but I think I'm right in saying it's the only NLE in its price class that does support it. I'm currently deciding which package to get and I'm pretty surprised that support for these kind of surfaces seems so rare. I know that Adobe Audition offers support, which in turn leads me to ask if anyone finds the Audition/Premiere workflow a smooth one, or is it a pain switching between two programs?

Ho hum..
Thom
Old April 4th, 2005, 01:14 PM   #614
New Boot

How to capture w/HD1 into Premiere Pro?

I cannot believe the trouble I'm having in getting a straight answer on how to capture from the GR-HD1 into Premiere Pro 1.5.1? Can someone please give me a hand?
Old April 4th, 2005, 10:59 PM   #615
Trustee

Hi Andy. Some details would be a good start. Where are you at and what is wrong? Have you gone through the Adobe support and followed their steps?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite