Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 47 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old April 15th, 2005, 08:18 PM   #691
New Boot

Camera shake? Pre or Post?

Hey guys, I was just wondering if you knew of how to get the camera shake effect...

Ie. in Sin City when the car zooms by the camer, it shakes to the left and right a little...or when something huge is dropped in front of the camera it shakes a little. Alot of movies utilize this and I was wondering if its a post effect or does the camera actually have to be shaken during the scene?

Thanks
Old April 15th, 2005, 11:20 PM   #692
Regular Crew

I'd say the effect you saw in Sin City was done in post. In most cases for quick little shakes to show a car going by or a person hitting the ground, you would do in post.

You could accomplish this in Premiere by zooming in your video just a bit and then keyframe animating the video shaking and you would probably want to add a bit of blur to the shot. That's all up to you though.

Im sure there are some plugins that will give you this effect easier, but if you want to have a full customizable shake that's the way to go.

By the way, Sin City was amazing.
Old April 16th, 2005, 12:08 AM   #693
New Boot

Thanks for the info!

And but I have to disagree with you about Sin City...it wasn't really that amazing...

it was more amazingly BREATHTAKING haha

I was simply stunned with what they accomplished there. Even though Rodriguez may have pulled out....I still respect what he did with this movie...low budget killer. All digital. All greenscreen.

Simply Brilliant.
Old April 16th, 2005, 05:37 AM   #694
Wrangler

Hi Vance,

What settings are you currently using?

It can be sometimes hard to find the right formular, I sometimes find the best thing to do is to do a number of tests on a 1minute segment using the different settings. That way you can find out which one best suits you and your video.

Thanks,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old April 16th, 2005, 06:27 AM   #695
Wrangler

What kind of source files are you using, and what are the audio and video settings on those? I'm not too knowledgeable about the "gotchas", but varying combinations of source file properties -- such as timebase and interleaving -- and your project settings can sometimes cause synch issues. In particular, PPro does not natively handle mpeg sources properly. You'd either need a separate application to first convert to AVI or obtain a plug-in to allow native use of mpeg.
Old April 16th, 2005, 10:14 AM   #696
Regular Crew

Converting from 1.5 to 1.0

I just recently realized the problems with 1.5 and 24p footage (i just got an external monitor). I want to somehow export my sequences or project from 1.5 to 1.0. What's the best/easiest way to do this? I tried EDLs and AAFs but 1.0 doesnt support EDLs. With AAFs, it clumps everything together in one group. Anyone have any ideas?
Old April 16th, 2005, 11:05 AM   #697
Trustee

It can not be done as far as I can tell. You could trim the project, and then take the footage into a new 1.0 project. But there is no other way to "downgrade" a project.
Old April 16th, 2005, 11:39 AM   #698
Regular Crew

What about..

exporting a sequence (quicktime maybe?) and importing that into the project in 1.0? Will that get rid of the flickering and the screwed up pulldown? Or what about exporting the sequence as a bitmap, importing it into after effects, converting the bitmap sequence into a movie, export it using a lossless codec, and importing that into 1.0? then, exporting only the audio of the sequence from 1.5 and importing that track into 1.0 and matching that with video that was exported from after effects. would any of these things be a workable solution? aside from losing timecode... but would it get rid of the flicker on overexposed areas and would it bypas the pulldown that 1.5 executes on the video? I'm going to try it but just wanted to know if there is anything i should look out for.
1.5 does the pulldown after you render, right?
Old April 16th, 2005, 11:42 AM   #699
Regular Crew

oh by the way....

... i shot 24pn not 24pa that's why i'm having the pulldown problem...

what's a good lossless codec in premiere? i'm not familiar with which ones are lossless and which arent....

thanks

paul
Old April 16th, 2005, 12:00 PM   #700
Regular Crew

huffyuv is one of the most popular lossless codecs.

You will have to do a google search to find the download link, but that's one of the best lossless codecs you will find.
Old April 16th, 2005, 05:44 PM   #701
New Boot

24P, After Effects, Premiere Pro

I shot my footage with a Canon XL2 in 24P. I imported the clips using Premiere Pro 1.5. I'd like to take some of my footage clips, import them into After Effects 5.5, and render video to be used in the Premiere Pro project. Is this possible? i.e., does After Effects support 24P footage? Will I have problems rendering 29.97 video and editing it alongside my 24P footage in Premiere?

Thanks.
Old April 17th, 2005, 06:56 AM   #702
Wrangler

Hi Aaron,
I'm only (somewhat) familiar with AE 6.x, but I'd be surprised if 5.x couldn't do 24p. What I don't know is if the older versions of AE would support 24pA (2:3:3:2) since I guess that is a fairly new pull-down scheme. If your footage is 24pN (2:3), you're probably ok. You should be able to open up AE and check the Interpret Footage dialogs for imported clips to see what your options are.
Old April 17th, 2005, 01:08 PM   #703
Trustee

Aaron,

Page 87 of the After Effects 5 manual explains how to remove the 3:2 pulldown. Pete is right about the 24Pa pulldown, though. I don't know if AE 5.5 can handle it or not, you'll just have to try. I know AE 6 can handle 24Pa, as it is included in the manuel.
Old April 18th, 2005, 07:01 AM   #704
RED Code Chef

As always why not run some tests yourself? Do a small scene where you would
need this functionallity and do it once with no camera shake and do a take
with on-set camera shake.

Then see how easy it is to manipulate in post and how both look?

I know that most shaking on the Star Trek series (inside the ships) where
done by mostly shaking the camera's, sometimes combined with shaking the
actual set to improve acting performances and such.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old April 18th, 2005, 11:56 PM   #705
Regular Crew

Premiere and dead pixel plug-in

Does anyone know how I can remove a dead pixel from my footage? Does premiere pro 1.5 have a plug-in for it as FCP? It's only a sinlge white speck, but it's enough to annoy the hell out of me.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite