Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 56 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old May 4th, 2005, 08:10 AM   #826
Tourist

forgot to mention....

the desktop is running XP Pro SP1 and the Laptop XP Home SP2.
Old May 4th, 2005, 08:48 AM   #827
Regular Crew

One better than other?

When you start a new project you can choose between DV-NTSC or DV-NTSC Real-Time Preview... is one any better than the other besides giving you a real time preview? I don't see why you wouldn't want the preview if the quality of the final video is going to be exactly the same.
Old May 4th, 2005, 09:12 AM   #828
Regular Crew

Are you using Premiere 6.5? If so, then yes, it does matter, because if you don't turn on real time preview, you will have to render EVERYTHING. (titles, transitions etc...)
Old May 4th, 2005, 09:28 AM   #829
Regular Crew

I am using 6.5. So other than giving me that preview there is nothing different between the 2?
Old May 4th, 2005, 09:31 AM   #830
Capt. Quirk

It really depends on your hardware. If you don't have enough juice, it is a waste of time trying to get "real time" previews. If I'm not mistaken (And I might be).
Old May 4th, 2005, 12:43 PM   #831
Trustee

Frame mode and capturing

I have an XL1s and film in frame mode. My question is what happens between filming and the capture process to the fps.

When filming in frame mode, my cam still uses 30fps does it not?

When capturing in Premiere it captures at 30fps right?

So how is frame mode of any use if it is still being captured at 30fps?
Old May 4th, 2005, 12:46 PM   #832
Trustee

Haven't seen that one yet. Have you tried nesting that sequence into a new one and then adding the Gaussian or Fast Blur?
Old May 4th, 2005, 12:51 PM   #833
Trustee

I had problems in older versions of Premiere with stuttering and long render times. The cause in my case was using MPG and MPEG files instead of actual DV captured AVIs. Once I got firewire and was able to capture raw AVI, the problem went away, footage rendered rapidly.

Are you using MPG, MPEG, or a non standard (3rd party) capture software?
Old May 4th, 2005, 01:04 PM   #834
Trustee

Gotz's site is killer, I learned a lot there over the years.
Old May 4th, 2005, 01:19 PM   #835
Trustee

Thanks. I do my best to keep it current. It all started as a way for me to keep track of things, so I figured I might as well share.
Old May 4th, 2005, 01:22 PM   #836
Trustee

Marco is correct, there is a need for nested sequences in cases like this. Otherwise you are blurring the channels and it fouls up the key.

I believe it is working as designed, and is not a bug. Just a really odd design.

I suggest that you put in a feature request for an "adjustment layer" like After Effects has.
Old May 4th, 2005, 01:26 PM   #837
Trustee

Are there ANY spaces in your clip that have no black, no footage, or titles etc.? I have seen premiere do this when there are empty spaces between clips.
Old May 4th, 2005, 01:44 PM   #838
Trustee

You should be able to just use the Motion feature and make each clip a smaller section of the screen. You may have to add additional video tracks.
Old May 4th, 2005, 10:20 PM   #839
Regular Crew

Export to DVD issues

I've been working overtime for an automotive research company to try to put 14 hours of raw video footage onto DVDs. Now, as far as I remember, you are supposed to be able to fit 2 hours of video onto one DVD, so I made several different sequences in Premiere Pro (one for each DVD). All of these are 2 hours or under. When I go to export each sequence to DVD, the space it requires is over 6gb, far more than the 4.7gb available on a DVD-R. I checked the "Maximize Bitrate" box which seems to compress it down to just fit on the disc, but every time I try to burn, it never gets through the transcoding process. It gets somewhere between halfway and two-thirds done transcoding and stops. The computer isn't frozen, and even Premiere is still responding, it just seems to come to a halt. Anyone else have this problem? Or have a solution? I've tried changing the output settings from the preferred 7mb VBR with dolby digital to the 4mb VBR, but even that requires about 5gb and I get the same freezing problems.

I've even tried exporting each sequence as single DV AVI files and bringing them into Adobe Encore, but that doesn't seem to be working either.

This is really confusing me and it's getting to the point where if I can't get a solution soon, I'm gonna have to tell the guys at the company that I can't get the job done, and obviously that is not a very desirable option.

Anybody have a suggestion?
Old May 5th, 2005, 05:49 AM   #840
RED Code Chef

This seems to be a problem with the InstallShield program (that is the installer
that tries to install Premiere):

That error number translates to: "Element not found"

Searching on the error number yielded this link:

http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q110616

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite