Question about a field recorder works in this case. - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 11th, 2020, 06:04 PM   #91
Inner Circle

Re: Question about a field recorder works in this case.

Certainly needs some explaining... Obtuse as an act could spring to mind.
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2020, 06:06 PM   #92
Trustee

There seems to be a whole series. Maybe all his posts have just been a ploy to get a few more views for the videos.
Greg Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2020, 06:17 PM   #93
Slash Rules!

Thats one hell of a long con/conspiracy theory gents
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2020, 06:25 PM   #94
Trustee

"You can't believe everything you read on the internet."
-- Abraham Lincoln
Old February 11th, 2020, 07:48 PM   #95
Major Player

Enter this into Google "Saskatoon-based sitcom Four in a Blanket to go live - CBC". I'm guessing this might be him.

Gordon
Gordon Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2020, 07:54 PM   #96
Slash Rules!

NOW this thread is insane.
Old February 11th, 2020, 08:08 PM   #97
also known as Ryan Wray

Sorry if I drove the thread out of proportion. I honestly did not mean to do that and actually appreciate the help . Sorry about that.

Well I tried a 12 V adapter, and now the battery indicator, indicates that the power is full. So I guess that means that the problem was the adapter, and not the recorder, therefore?
Ryan Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2020, 08:17 PM   #98
Trustee

Anything is possible. It's the internet after all. The two sets of videos certainly look like two different Ryans.

I tend to think that if our Ryan didn't make "The Ryan Wray Show" we would have heard from him defending himself by now. Ryan the pig looks too normal to be the guy who's been so clueless in this thread.
Old February 11th, 2020, 09:07 PM   #99
Inner Circle

Is too much to ask to ban him?

Last edited by Pete Cofrancesco; February 11th, 2020 at 09:56 PM.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2020, 09:14 PM   #100
Slash Rules!

I think we're getting a little out of hand here. Without substantial proof (anything mentioned above doesn't get there, for me) I don't think he's a troll. I DO think he's on the autism spectrum and in many ways his thought processes are so unusual to us as to seem unbelievable, literally. Using that as my premise I would urge everyone to remember there's an actual human being on the other end out there somewhere, and just imagine if it was your brother, or son, etc. etc., and have a little empathy/compassion. Even if you never respond again to the threads we can all be a little nicer.
Old February 11th, 2020, 09:25 PM   #101
Inner Circle

With all due respect Josh you don’t know that to be a fact.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2020, 09:29 PM   #102
Slash Rules!

I'm going by what he said.

But, because I have too much time on my hands from being a childless freelancer, I dug a little and IMDB lists Ryan Elder in several credits with people's projects that coincide with...Ryan Wray...namely...Pigs in a Blanket. I believe one of the things he's listed in has a trailer on Youtube (The Big Gust) that has the girl from his Timewine short.

All this leads me to believe he's exactly who and what he says he is. He's mentioned being asked to act in projects so credit to whoever dug up the Pigs sitcom.
Old February 12th, 2020, 12:08 AM   #103
also known as Ryan Wray

Sorry if I came off like a troll. I did not mean to troll at all. Perhaps I have been to busy trying to do to many things at once and missed some things with the audio recorder. Sorry about that. And I do appreciate all the great advice I have been given on here. Again thank and sorry if I have been giving a bad impression of myself.
Ryan Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2020, 12:13 AM   #104
Trustee

The answer to the question about why a 12V charger is required may be explained in a different way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Miller View Post
Oh, OK. What's happening is that the adapter is wrong for that recorder. It is actually draining the charge out of the batteries, and if you leave it connected they will become lower and lower. The problem is that as you drain the electrons out of the batteries, they will develop a vacuum inside, and eventually they might implode, which could be messy to say the least.
Have you ever pumped up an inner tube in a bicycle tire? The way that is done is to attach the pump to the valve stem and start pumping. The higher pressure from the pump causes the air to flow into the inner tube with a lower air pressure. One keeps doing this until the desired pressure is reached, then at which time one can quit pumping and disconnect the pump.

Charging the batteries is the same way. The higher voltage fills the batteries up until they reach the desired level and then the charger stops. Simple as that.

If the pump has very little pressure it will take a looooong time to fill the batteries ... er, tube, up. So this is how the 12V source inflates the 6V batteries and does it faster than using a lower voltage source.

Edit: one more thought. The suggestion about getting the factory charger is a good one. Others may work but who knows what problems might occur. A 4-year electronics engineer BS EE degree is a really difficult one and often takes longer than the hopeful time the university figures. The designer used little coils, capacitors, resistors, and the like to come up with their little micro circuit to do the job and I'm sure they had other thoughts in mind during the design. One has to factor in the probability of failure in specifying what to use, the cost of the items, and manufacturing costs. All this to give you the best deal.

Okay, order the thingy then go back to coloring walls. g'night.
John Nantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2020, 12:16 AM   #105
also known as Ryan Wray

Oh okay thanks, that makes sense. I tried a 12 V adapter and the battery power indicator says it's full now, and operating at full capacity. So I guess it was the previous adapter that was the problem after all then, and not anything in the field recorder it seems?
Ryan Elder is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio