United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, 5 April 2018 – Canon UK today announced a firmware upgrade for its professional EOS C200, EOS C300 Mark II, XF405, XF400, EOS C700 and EOS C700 GS PL cameras. Major updates include the addition of XF-AVC (MXF) – a Canon video format – for the XF405, XF400 and C200. XF-AVC (MXF) offers increased efficiency for recording high-quality UHD and HD footage, while improving production workflows.
Footage shot on Canon EOS C200, EOS C700, EOS C700 GS and EOS C300 Mark II cameras will now automatically have lens metadata (MXF) embedded, including actual focal length data, not just the full frame 35mm equivalent.
Enhancements to touchscreen sensitivity will enable EOS C200 and EOS C300 Mark II users to enjoy easier focus position selection.
The firmware upgrade will also ensure Wireless File Transmitter (WFT) regulatory compliance, when the WFT-E8 Wi-Fi adapter is fitted to the EOS C700, EOS C700 GS PL or EOS C300 Mark II.
Other updates include:
- Similar IR capability to the ME20F-SH and ME200S-SH, via a service update, for the XF405 and XF400
- 24-bit LCPM audio for Cinema RAW Light on the EOS C200
- The EOS C200 will have Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) output monitoring capability, when using suitable displays for HDR workflows
- Adds x1.5, x3, x6 digital teleconverter option to the EOS C200
- Segmented frame support (25PsF) for the EOS C200 allows the use of monitors not capable of displaying footage captured in 50P/60P/24P
- Greyed-out display outside aspect markers for the EOS C300 Mark II
- EOS C700 and EOS C700 GS PL users will be able to enjoy 2K (Cropped/Super16mm) RAW and ProRes recording, including when using the MO-4 adapter
- The RAW Recorder Voltage Display allows EOS C700 and EOS C700 GS PL users to check the voltage of AC adapters and batteries, via the INFO Menu, when the CODEX CDX-36150 dedicated RAW recorder is fitted
- Support for new lenses from Canon
The firmware upgrade will be available from the Canon Support site from April 5th.
About Canon UK
Canon (UK) Ltd is the UK & Ireland marketing and sales operation for Canon Inc., employing around 2,000 people.
Founded in 1937 with the specific goal of making the best quality camera available to customers, Canon’s tireless passion for the Power of Image has since extended its technology into many other markets and has established it as a world leader in both consumer and business imaging solutions. Its solutions comprise products, ranging from digital compact and SLR cameras, through broadcast lenses and portable X-ray machines, to multi-function and production printers, all supported by a range of value added services.
Canon invests heavily in R&D to deliver the most innovative products and services to satisfy customers’ creative needs. From amateur photographers to professional print companies, Canon enables each customer to realise their own passion for image.
Canon’s corporate philosophy is Kyosei – ‘living and working together for the common good’. In EMEA, Canon Europe pursues sustainable business growth, focusing on reducing its own environmental impact and supporting customers to reduce theirs using Canon’s products, solutions and services. Canon has achieved global certification to ISO 14001, demonstrating a world-class environmental management standard.
For further information about Canon UK please visit: http://www.canon.co.uk/
For further information about Canon Ireland please visit: http://www.canon.ie/