Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 83 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old July 8th, 2005, 09:34 PM   #1231
Regular Crew

Not like you'll not have a responce by monday, but I'll ask my manger. He is using that exact box for editing..also has a matrox card in it...but i'll ask him how it was before that.
Old July 9th, 2005, 04:21 PM   #1232
Major Player

Found the fix...

In the mouse properties under the motion tab, unselect "disable acceleration in games" and that will fix it. Apparently PPro is a game...
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:20 PM   #1233
Major Player

that is really interesting. i wondered why directx 9 was a mandatory install with premiere pro. prior versions mandated a specific version of directx in it's system requirements, but i don't ever remember it self-installing with the main application. i'm guessing premiere pro's updated engine relies pretty heavily on directx acceleration -- which is why your mouse thinks it's a game :). good to know. thanks...
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:40 AM   #1234
Regular Crew

I had that exact same problem, and solved it the exact same way. I think because Premiere is such a resource-heavy application, your system thinks it's a game. Glad you solved your own problem though.
Old July 11th, 2005, 12:55 PM   #1235
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Handler
Not like you'll not have a responce by monday, but I'll ask my manger. He is using that exact box for editing..also has a matrox card in it...but i'll ask him how it was before that.
Brian I would really appreciate that, seriously thanks!
Old July 11th, 2005, 04:10 PM   #1236
Regular Crew

The similar problem I had with the GR HD1 was that the IEEE handshake was not correctly done. Premiere 1.5.1 never saw the cam and thought it was alrways offline. I just unplugged the IEEE cable and plugged it back in.

Maybe the green screen is actually playing something, just too dark to see. Does teh JVC HD capture get anything in the mt2 files? (need to use remuxTS) to convert from transport stream before you can view them on a PC media player.
Old July 12th, 2005, 09:13 AM   #1237
Regular Crew

He has the computer at home for editing. He says he's replaced the mobo so it was compatiable with the matrox card...but he said it was pretty blazing before the upgrade though. The dual processors def helped cut down render times.

He said his AGP port worked after he reflashed the bios.

Look into that.
Old July 12th, 2005, 09:41 AM   #1238
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Handler
He has the computer at home for editing. He says he's replaced the mobo so it was compatiable with the matrox card...but he said it was pretty blazing before the upgrade though. The dual processors def helped cut down render times.

He said his AGP port worked after he reflashed the bios.

Look into that.
Well I guess than I have a major question, it was a DELL PE1800 but he replaced the MOBO, so what is it now? Is it still an 1800 with a new stock MOBO and if so what happened to the original MOBO? Or, what it that he modded the MOBO in order to allow the AGP card to fit?

My understanding is that Dell takes the AGP slot and adds 2 shims so that you can't place a card in the slot, kinda like a restricter. I've seen on another forum where guys are using hot knives to slice the shims out to allow the AGP cards to fit. If you can find out if this is what he meant. Then I know that I can start to make an order.

Miguel
Old July 12th, 2005, 10:23 AM   #1239
Regular Crew

lol, hes gone for 2 days now so I'll ask when he gets back
Old July 12th, 2005, 12:39 PM   #1240
Regular Crew

Thanks Rob & Joshua.

Deleting the preview folder did help. However I hit the 'Green Screen' problem again soon. Using Rob's idea, I halved the picture sizes. Since then I have double the number of stills on the timeline without any errors.

Thanks for your useful help guys! DVinfo is great!

Ken W.
Old July 13th, 2005, 12:54 AM   #1241
Regular Crew

Premiere Pro - Photoshop Problem

Has anyone else had this problem? In Premiere Pro 1.5.1 and Encore 1.5, neither one recognizes Photoshop CS. I tried to "Edit in Photoshop" from Encore but I get a message that "It does not appear that Photoshop is installed." Trust me, it is. I spent 12 hous learning how to make a cool menu in PS and imported it to Encore, but can't export the same file.

Premiere Pro has Photoshop greyed out from the "New> Photoshop file menu.

Any suggestions?

Dan
Old July 13th, 2005, 02:33 AM   #1242
Major Player

i believe this has to do with the order of installation. if you installed photoshop AFTER you installed premiere, premiere won't see photoshop. this also happens with other apps in the adobe suite of tools, like audition and encore... someone else might be able to clarify the correct order of install for all these apps to work in harmony.
Old July 13th, 2005, 05:38 AM   #1243
Regular Crew

That would make sense. I bought Photoshop after the Video collection. I guess I have to remove Encore and PPro and reinstall them. I hope I don't have to go into the registry. I'd hate to have to find all the Adobe instances and figure out which ones need changing.

Thanks,
Dan
Old July 13th, 2005, 01:32 PM   #1244
Major Player

Is it CS 1 or 2?
Old July 13th, 2005, 01:37 PM   #1245
Regular Crew

CS 1

Dan

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite