DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/688-adobe-premiere-premiere-pro-discussions-2004-a.html)

Jason Brooks February 7th, 2004 08:59 AM

Premier disk error (Disk full?)

Hey,

I was doing some editing yesterday and when I went to export I got an error stating "disk error (Disk full?)" Now I have a 160 gig hard drive with about 100 gig of free space so the disk is nowhere close to full. I even uninstalled and reinstalled premier and that did not fix the problem. I had been exporting fine untill yesterday and then it stopped. I did a search on dogpile.com and found what I hope is a permanent fix that you can see here

http://forum.matrox.com/rt2000/Forum6/HTML/002731.html

Have any of you had this problem before and what did you do to fix it? I held down ctrl and shift upon startup of premier and chose single track editing again.

Lyndon Golanowski February 7th, 2004 01:02 PM

Adobe Premiere Fades Playback Choppy On T.V?

I used the effects controls panel for this, and used keyframes with opacity values to create the fades, it fades from white to white by the way, the fades come out choppy when played back on television. Can anyone explain how to fix or prevent this? Thanks.

Dustin Waits February 7th, 2004 02:54 PM

I had the same problem once before. But I realized it was because my export settings were set to deinterlace everything. Make sure your settings are correct.

Lyndon Golanowski February 7th, 2004 03:45 PM

I don't want it de-interlaced? I thought de-interlacing footage was good? or should I interlace footage when export to tape? also, if I do a project in After Effects, should I interlace it in after effects, and then again in Adobe Premiere? or should I keep it de-itnerlaced and interlace it in Adobe. Im so confused on interlacing etc. thanks for your help, please let me know what I gotta do with this interlacing stuff.

Johnny Cheung February 7th, 2004 08:26 PM

premiere pro rendering question

Some questions about rendering time..on premiere pro.

So is it also true that the more effects in the video the longer the rendering time is? and how do you define "a lot of effects"? like I was only using some built-in effects like transform, key filters and some other basic stuff on the video here and there, but it still took quite long to render..

Jeff Smallwood February 7th, 2004 09:24 PM

Well, I have not had that exact problem, however I have had one like it when I was attempting to render, and that was fixed by resetting my scratch disks (Once in premiere you can go to edit-> prefrences-> scratch disks, or I assume the ctrl shift works) and just make sure there are folders for those items to go to. Guess you might have already checked that, hopefully that will fix it though.

Dustin Waits February 7th, 2004 10:36 PM

If your footage was shot interlaced then I would leave it like that unless you have a specific reason for deinterlacing your footage. For instance, sometimes it lowers the file size if you deinterlace a video to upload to the web. Or if you are trying to create an effect such as an old film effect or something. But in any normal occasion, keep it interlaced.

David Hurdon February 8th, 2004 06:39 AM

Interlaced footage displays half the horizontal lines in 1/60th of a second and the other half in the following 1/60th, to create the appearance of one image per 1/30th of a second, on a TV screen. Footage intended for TV playback should be interlaced. Deinterlacing often improves the visual experience of the same material when purposed for PC monitors and the web.

David Hurdon

David Hurdon February 8th, 2004 06:58 AM

Adam, have you checked the settings viewer? Often a difference between the project settings and the source clips (which will show up in red in the viewer) will create additional work in rendering.
And on the subject of rendering, in DV lingo rendering is the activity that creates temporary files describing the end result of adding effects, titles, etc. Exporting doesn't involve rendering, unless you didn't already render the project as you worked on it. An export of unrendered material can take a very long time.

David Hurdon

Rob Lohman February 8th, 2004 01:05 PM

If I'm not mistaken ctrl+shift resets Premiere back to the factory
defaults. This would changes it's temporary drive [scratch]
settings as well.

By default it will write the temp files to your C drive. Now I'm
assuming that your video is on another drive or partition (the
one with all the free space) and you want to make sure Premiere
uses those for temporary stuff as well.

Andrew Leigh February 8th, 2004 01:57 PM

Hi

How big is your file?

I have had that message when exporting large files in excess of the FAT32 format limitations but never on NTFS formatted drives.

Cheers
Andrew

Jason Brooks February 8th, 2004 02:26 PM

The file is a 30 second video clip with transitions. I had exported it before and it was about 5 mg. I fixed it with the ctrl shift trick and it happened again last night. I did the trick again and presto. Back in business. I have heard that premier can be buggy. I hope this is not a constant problem.

Ed Smith February 9th, 2004 09:54 AM

Ryan and keith are right, although most people in the industry tend to use targa images when exporting a frame from video. I believe that you could also use the shortcut key Ctrl+m to open up the export frame dialog box.

Bare in mind though that it will only export out at tv resolution i.e. 720x576 pal 720x480 ntsc. These are low quality you'll probably only get a decent pint out at about A5 size.

John Threat February 9th, 2004 02:03 PM

You probably only want to speed up the video, not the audio clip :)

Donie Kelly February 12th, 2004 08:12 AM

Do you have a DV camera with AV->DV conversion? That would mean you could import the footage through the camera as DV footage and maybe that is easier for Adobe to work with?

Maybe the AVI from your capture card is not a DV avi and premier is converting this first? Just a though as I have never done it. The times you quote seem excessive as I had the same size project and it only took about 40 minutes to export. I had less efffects than you though.

Hope that helps you comes to a solution.
Donie