Helping Hands from 2005 - Page 15 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old March 15th, 2005, 04:23 PM   #211
Major Player

Poor Movie Maker needs tittles

I need someone to put beginning and ending tittles over the beginning and ending of my movie. I suppose a program like After Effects would be great for this, but unfortunately, I can’t afford to buy it right now. So would anyone out there be interested in creating tittles for me for a tiny amount of cash?
Old March 15th, 2005, 06:11 PM   #212
Major Player

Glenn,

Have you found someone to do titles for you yet?

My info is below. You can also check out:

www.indecisionthemovie.com

Let me know if we can work something out.
Old March 17th, 2005, 07:48 AM   #213
New Boot

In Miami!

Looking for anyone who wants to collaborate on DV projects and screenplays.

I have a small start up comapny, Aurora Digital Video, which you can check out at: www.auroradigitalvideo.com

I have my own NLE and graphics system:

*Avid Xpress Pro
*After Effects
*3D Studio Max
*Scriptware 2.0

I like working on features, documentaries, events, commercials, etc.

You can also contact me at: vasbjornsen@yahoo.com
Old March 17th, 2005, 11:46 AM   #214
Inner Circle

Daniel, would you have any problem with getting down to kaiserslautern? (K-town).
Old March 17th, 2005, 02:17 PM   #215
Contributor

I'm not sure what you mean.

It is around a two hour car ride from where I am. Is there a reason why I might want to visit K-town?

... Ok got it. I just read back. You are working for Uncle Sam, that means probably at the big o'l base down there. If I can assist you in any way, let me know. K-town is kinda in the boondocks though. If your looking for things to do after the whistle blows, I can't help you much there.

If you want to meet to talk about a joint venture ... tell me when you have time, lets do lunch.

Frankenstein meets XL1
Old March 17th, 2005, 02:44 PM   #216
Major Player

NJ/NYC DP and Sound Man wanted

I’m looking to build a working relationship with a non-union DP and a non-union Sound Man in the NJ/NY area. I have studied film production at Rochester Institute of Technology and I am about to complete my first feature length film, which will be a direct to DVD release. I make movies for the Urban market. I believe in story boarding whenever possible, and I like for my DP and Sound man to plan out there work as much as possible. Up until now I have been a one man crew, but only out of necessity. This has therefore allowed me to have first hand experience with understanding the challenges of professional motion picture lighting and sound. My next project (if all goes well) wont be in production until the end of this year, but it will pay. If anyone is interested, simply e-mail me. I know this is a long ways off, but I like to do things as early as possible. Thanks!
Old March 17th, 2005, 06:08 PM   #217
DV Rig Pro

Free DvRigPro / EngRig for help at NAB

We are looking for Las Vegas videographers or NAB visitors with DV and full size cameras to work with us at the NAB show helping demonstrate our products.

Full four days or part time work are possible.

Mail me some background and a full body photo to:

natovich@inter.net.il

Danny Natovich
www.dvtec.tv
Old March 17th, 2005, 06:45 PM   #218
Regular Crew

I've been in the business (mostly the action sport industry) for some 8 years in France. I can count on one hand how many jobs or projects I've received while my white colleagues (ex-pat Americans included) get choice pickin's. We all know the same people.

I've worked on some projects where I was told that I was expected to offer cheaper pricing because, you know, Chinese labor is cheaper. I wasn't sure if this person was joking or not, but I did get paid peanuts.

I've also been told that I should have connections to cheap services or labor in the Chinese community here in France...

These are isolated incidents. Usually, the French are very discreet.

Why would I get denied permits when I'm paying for them? Why would actors refuse working with me when I'm paying them?

<<<-- Originally posted by Joe Carney : Victor, the same could be said anywhere in the world. But when you made your own films, did anyone hassle you for being Asian?
Did they deny you film permits or anything else? Did actors refuse to work for you? -->>>

http://advaloreminternational.com
Old March 17th, 2005, 10:57 PM   #219
Regular Crew

Glenn,

I'd like to take a crack at it.

Are you looking for something very simple or something complex like Se7en?

I'll do it for no charge. If you like it keep it & put me in the credits, if not you can toss it.

Do you have a DVD or VCD of your flick to get an idea of what mood you'd like to set with the titles?

- Jed
Old March 18th, 2005, 10:25 AM   #220
Regular Crew

Need experienced and equipped shooter in LA

We have a job coming up in April and require an experienced and well equipped shooter to do the video work for us.

This is for a training video on a piece of medical equipment for a company in Orange County. We need someone who has a decent camera (an XL2 should be OK), lighting equipment, monitor, tripod etc...

The shoot will probably take a full day (8 hrs) but may go into another day, so it may be about 12 hours.

If you're interested, please email me directly.
Old March 18th, 2005, 02:32 PM   #221
New Boot

Sony FX1 HDV camera + DP $200/day in SF Bay Area

Available for weddings, corporate projects, events, indie shoots, etc.

No Deposit Necessary on rental as a DP will be available to help out at the shoot as well as take care of the camera.

Contact Gino (408) 887-8809 or by email at ginodo at digi-do.com
Old March 18th, 2005, 02:47 PM   #222
Wrangler

Hey Gino, I'm moving your post to our help wanted/for hire section. Good luck!
Old March 19th, 2005, 01:39 AM   #223
Major Player

Hi Glenn,

When did you graduate from RIT? I'm a grad as well, class of 85 and a non-union DP. I can email a resume and equipment inventory.
Old March 22nd, 2005, 02:55 PM   #224
Major Player

Does anyone happen to know where I can get aerial footage of New Orleans?

Does anyone happen to know where I can get aerial footage of New Orleans?

thanks for your time
Old March 22nd, 2005, 03:48 PM   #225
Regular Crew

Pauper-ish Upstate NY Feature Production Looking For Sound Person

Hi, Folks...

On April 9th, I'm shooting the final footage for my feature "One Last Kill" in Johnstown, NY. Another guy from the boards here, Mike Cavanaugh, is helping me out with the shoot.

Mike and I were discussing technical aspects today. While Mike is much more well-versed than me, neither of us specialize in sound, and that's our main obstacle.

So, I'm coming here to ask if any of you sound guys in the area might be willing to help out my No-Budget production?

I realize I'm offering a helluva deal: A long day for no pay; but I'm hoping someone might be willing to come along for a good time.

Of course, you would get a full screen credit and access to our day's delicious menu (Dunkin' Donuts, Coffee, Sandwiches, etc.). And I would, of course, be glad to return the favor at any time you need. (I shoot with a GL-2, and I have EXTENSIVE background in front of the camera should you need acting talent.)

All we would need is for you to grab the sound for us. The location is a warehouse, and the activity would be in a VERY limited area.

I have very decent industry contacts from many years in screenwriting, so the finished product will have every opportunity to get picked up for distribution at some level.

You can check out the background of the movie at http://www.onelastkill.com

If anyone is interested, please respond here or email me at the address linked to dvinfo.net or at curtis@onelastkill.com

Thanks a lot!

-Rusty-
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands