Vegas Video discussions from 2004 (Q3Q4) - Page 13 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old July 16th, 2004, 11:45 AM   #181
Trustee

Differents formats in DVD Architect

I want to do a menu based DVD on DVDA. I want to put on it my last short film, which is in widescreen, the making of, in 4:3, and a slide show of productions stills, also in 4:3.

From what I see, the aspect ratio in DVDA is at the project level, I can't find a way to have items of differents formats in the same project.

Can I do that? Is there a workaround?

Thanks
Old July 16th, 2004, 12:13 PM   #182
Sponsor: JET DV

What version of DVDA? I just check and in DVDA 2a you can go to File - Optimize and pick the format for any individual file independent of the project settings.
Old July 16th, 2004, 12:16 PM   #183
Trustee

Thank you Edward! I am using DVDA 1 but this feature is also supported! thank you very much!
Old July 16th, 2004, 01:59 PM   #184
Regular Crew

Pausing/ Freeze frame video - Can't find the velocity envelope

So i've read the help section about freezing a frame of video but its not working for my Vegas 5.

After over an hour trying to figure it out i feel i've exahusted my natural abilites;

THis is what i've done:
I'm in the first row ; i right click my video i want frozen right click it and select "Insert/Remove envelopes". When "velocity" is checked, i lose a little triangle pointing down (located on the bottom, in the middle). I try getting nodes but its impossible. The only time i get nodes is if i go into the insert menu and select composite.

Why am i not getting the option to select the nodes?

So far i've followed this advice, but i can't seem to get past step #1
<I>
Add a velocity envelope, and a node at the point you want the freeze to happen.

Add another node (point) to the right and move it directly undeneath the other one. Right click on the bottom node and Set To.. 0%.

Now you can dag out the event however long you want it ,and it will stay on that frame.
</I>
Old July 16th, 2004, 02:58 PM   #185

Try these steps:

1) Start a new project.
2) Add a video clip
3) Right-click that video clip and choose "Insert/Remove Envelope" and then pick "Velocity"
4) Double-click the new BLUE line in a couple of places and change the velocity at those points as desired.

Once you feel comfortable with the process, return to the original project and finish the task.
Old July 16th, 2004, 03:37 PM   #186
Regular Crew

Hmm, what happenes when that "blue line" doesn't appear?
It looks like i might have to reinstall my software. Would this blue line be obvious?
Old July 16th, 2004, 04:53 PM   #187
Inner Circle

I actually think the line is green butbesides that, to answer if it will be obvious, yes, it drops right in the middle of the clip, runs from the beginning to the end of the clip. Should be right there no matter what color it is.
Don B
Old July 16th, 2004, 08:04 PM   #188
Trustee

Opacity control for Video Event FX?

Is there an easy way to reduce the intensity of a filter, like the opacity of an adjustment layer in Photoshop?
Old July 16th, 2004, 08:06 PM   #189

Unless for some reason you have it hidden. To check that, you can go to the View menu, choose Video Envelopes, and make sure Event Velocity is checked.
Old July 16th, 2004, 08:24 PM   #190

<<<-- Originally posted by Don Bloom : I actually think the line is green butbesides that, to answer if it will be obvious, yes, it drops right in the middle of the clip, runs from the beginning to the end of the clip. Should be right there no matter what color it is.
Don B -->>>

Yep - It's green (must be the "volume envelope" that's blue)
Old July 16th, 2004, 09:42 PM   #191

Most filters have various adjustments that allow you to control the amount of filtering/blending that's occuring.
If for some reason it's not allowing it depending on the filter, you can always duplicate a track, remove the filter from the lower track, and use the opacity control of the track or event above to reduce the effect's opacity. I do this with specific sorts of light rays all the time.
http://www.vasst.com
Old July 17th, 2004, 10:24 AM   #192
Old Boot

STOP PRESS! : Indications of the Global Spread of The Vegas Phenomenon ! ! !

Just when you thought it was safe to return to your NLE! . . The Fun has started ...

http://www.vegasusers.com/vidshare/t...-where_are_you

Nice one Kelly . ..

Grazie
Old July 17th, 2004, 01:12 PM   #193
Major Player

snapshot help

Hi Sorry for this dumb question...I have a still image in the preview window and I click on "save snapshot in clipboard" where is the clipboard ?

Thanks

Vince
Old July 17th, 2004, 01:44 PM   #194
Wrangler

Good question, Vince. The other day I looked all over the place, did a search too, but never found the clipboard. Turns out that what I wanted was to save it to a file anyway, but it'll be good to know the answer to this.
Old July 17th, 2004, 07:11 PM   #195

That would be Window's clipboard. This will allow you to PASTE the image into any application. For example, after choosing to copy to clipboard, open your paint program, choose File - New and the press CTRL-V. The image will now appear in your paint program.

Now, here's an interesting side effect. THIS image will be 720x480 instead of 655x480 (NTSC sizes).
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...