Vegas Video discussions from 2004 (Q3Q4) - Page 17 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old July 22nd, 2004, 07:46 PM   #241
Sponsor: JET DV

Glad it all worked out for you. I feel Vegas is the easiest tool for creating a photo montage.
Old July 23rd, 2004, 05:53 AM   #242
Major Player

How to render to image files

Hi,

Well i've had a poke around and i cant, for the life of me, find info inthe help on how to render outto still images. Its probably right under my nose but i have NFI where. LOL

Can any kind soul point me in teh right direction on how to render out to still images (say .PNG/.JPG/.BMP/.TGA etc)?

Cheers
Old July 23rd, 2004, 06:21 AM   #243
Old Boot

You do mean capture a single frame AS a still yeah?

Preview window, .. tiny floppy disc icon above Screen? Click on that it will give you options of what format JPG or PNG and where. When do ing this have the Preview set to GOOD - yeah?

Yeah, been in front of you all the time . .. ;-)

Grazie
Old July 23rd, 2004, 06:26 AM   #244
Major Player

Hmm. no i actaully wish to render out to still images. Not just take a snapshot here and there. So ifi can render to still image sequence it would REALLY speed up what i am trying to acheive. its just not feasable to use that little snapshot thing i'm afraid.

:)
Old July 23rd, 2004, 06:36 AM   #245
Old Boot

Okay . then you'll want to render to Snapshot script .. You can set to how often you take it .. I think down to 00:00.01 menaing sigle frame - yeah? that's what yer after? Go over to the script forum or try the sundance site RenderImageSequence.js I think it is called . . I often use it to create monatges then I set them to the n=beat using markers .. with SnapShotToMArkers script .. neat!

Grazie
Old July 23rd, 2004, 06:39 AM   #246
Major Player

YAY! :D Yep thats pretty much what i want to do. I set the FPS to .01 and just wan tto rende rout a heap of screenshots at the highest possible quality of the selected video stream.

Thanks for the pointer i'll take a look when i get a spare moment. :) I thought it'd be a default of Vegas but i dont think it is coz i cant find it for the life of me! :)
Old July 23rd, 2004, 06:47 AM   #247
Old Boot

Go and get it Daymon!

Are you using V5? I think The render Image Sequence came withitr. Go Tools>ScriptingDrop down menu "remderImage Sequence. NOW, this might not be showing if you haven't GOT the scripts IN the correct place and you HAVEN'T yet run the "rescan Script Menu Folder" utility . .yeah?

Anyways here's a "Go knock yerself OUT!" option to get Loadsa stuff

http://www.blue7media.com/vegas/

A bunch of very VERY valuable tolos for Vegas and us VegHeads !

Grazie
Old July 23rd, 2004, 06:54 AM   #248

There are several scripts available that will output a series of PNG or JPG images. However, if you are doing a significant amount of time on the timeline, they are relatively SLOW. If you are doing more than a few seconds worth, you may wish to frameserve to some other application such as VirtualDub and let it output the actual images.
Old July 23rd, 2004, 07:38 AM   #249
Major Player

Installing Vegas 5 + Dvd

I will be installing this over the weekend, any recommendations, advice, things to watch out for, settings, bad install experiences?

I know it's kind of wide open but I figured the question might reduce some headaches. Also, is there anyway to install it on my laptop as well? Thanks!!
Old July 23rd, 2004, 08:03 AM   #250

Just install both, register both, and you should be on your way. I have quite a bit of setup information in the newsletters. Just click on the link below my name.
Old July 23rd, 2004, 09:50 AM   #251
Regular Crew

One additional heads up Michael,
On the V5 disc, there are additional programs including Boris Graffitti LTD. It requires a SN. The SN is on a post card in the box. Don't throw it away....
"Before they are gone forever..."
Old July 23rd, 2004, 09:56 AM   #252
Major Player

I am so glad I asked.....

Are we stuck using the program (V5) on just one computer?
Old July 23rd, 2004, 09:56 AM   #253
Major Player

Robert,

Kinda wish the Boris LTD card would have slipped out, fallen on the floor and under my massive desk without me noticing. Trying to learn the Boris interface was a non-starter; there's eight hours of my life I'll never get back.
Old July 23rd, 2004, 10:05 AM   #254

Vegas 5 has the same license as 4 and 3 in this regard. You can install it on multiple machines as long as you do not edit on multiple machines at once. In fact, you can install it on two additional machines to use as network rendering nodes.
Old July 23rd, 2004, 01:13 PM   #255
Tourist

I'll answer you in reverse. Yes, I tried a reboot. The common link between the black frames is the frequency. And, the source is a video camera which, as it turns out, is also the culprit. Upon very close inspection - zoomed all the way in on the timeline - and moving slowly, frame by frame, I found the black frames. Now to figure out why my video camera is generating them. It's an MPEG4 camera. Any ideas?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...