Helping Hands from 2005 - Page 16 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old March 22nd, 2005, 06:19 PM   #226
Major Player

You may want to try contacting the Louisiana Film Commission.

They may have information or resources for that sort of thing. If they don't have aerial footage themselves, they may be able to point you in the right direction.
Old March 23rd, 2005, 09:04 AM   #227
Regular Crew

Could you use still photos & use the ken burns effect to create motion similar to Mystic River's opening?
Old March 23rd, 2005, 09:59 AM   #228
Wrangler

Projects in upstate South Carolina?

I'm in Greenville and I have an FX1, VX2000, and a capable editing suite.

I'm ready to get my feet wet with business or entertainment projects.

Drop me an email if interested.
Old March 24th, 2005, 03:45 PM   #229
Tourist

Anyone In or around vancouver BC?

Im looking for somebody in or around vancouver BC. I know this is short notice, but i really need a 3x wide angle or a wide converter for saturday!!!! I am willing to give you some sort of collateral, and also a rental fee (be reasonable, no more than $40). It is for one day of shooting, and Ill give it right back, good as new. I know what i am doing and take awsome care of all my camera equipment. Plaese, someone contact me. Again, sorry for the short notice. Also, the reason i couldnt rent is because the two places I went would'nt let me due to the fact Im an american citizen (im up here for film school). Please, take a chance.

Drew Bienemann
604-809-9597
604-331-8183
Blink281aa@aol.com
Old March 25th, 2005, 03:01 AM   #230
Major Player

No, sorry... I am not...
Old March 25th, 2005, 07:28 AM   #231
Tourist

contract

I three contract that I need to do. One is for a birthday party (photography) and the others wedding (photography and video). I want to know where I could go to get a sample contract.

Thanks
Old March 25th, 2005, 12:16 PM   #232
Major Player

Hello from north county...!

For a few more months I'm swamped with helping in a DV feature, shooting documentary for said feature, and editting. Once that cools off I'm for this. Or does something similar exist?
Old March 25th, 2005, 07:59 PM   #233
Regular Crew

Not really but we could make one. I am writting a few scripts at present. Just got some new toys so I can do 24P stuff. Let me know.

Cleveland
Email:
PavonineDigital@aol.com
Old March 25th, 2005, 09:25 PM   #234
Major Player

Maybe you guys can move to Springfield. Just moved here myself from what used to be sunny Southern California.
Old March 26th, 2005, 03:04 AM   #235
Regular Crew

Gary,

While moving further away from the big city I grew up in (Los Angeles) sounds like a wonderful idea, I don't think there is quite as many opportunities there as there are here. Real Estate isn't much cheaper than here and pay is not compensitory. For instance, if I were to move to D.C., L.A. or San Fran, the pay increase would no where near cover the cost of living increase. Inversely, If I were to move to Springfield MO, the drop in cost of living would not compensate for the lowered pay scale.

Now all joking aside, it is a very nice offer. How about you move over here so we can make some real movies? Hollywood used to make movies about St. Louis without ever stepping foot in Missouri. How about making a true Hollywood style production without ever stepping foot in California? Which by the way, is extremely beautiflul but as of now, I have no way of being able to afford living there. But some day I will be able to afford that beach house somewhere. Like I said, lets invite the mayor. I am not joking about that.
Old March 26th, 2005, 07:25 AM   #236
Major Player

Cleveland,

I understand about costs.

The last two features I've line produced we've shot in upstate New York. The reason costs. Plus they bend overbackwards because they want you there.

California, forget it. I love the state, locations, weather, but for example my acreage in California, the county wanted $25,000 just for permits to build a house.

In upstate New York, I paid a $1 for state and county locations and that was because the insurance company said I had to pay something for coverage.

I'm hoping Missouri will be the same.
Old March 26th, 2005, 11:33 AM   #237
Regular Crew

Gary,

One, Welcome to Missouri. Two, "It's frikin cold in here Mr. Bigglesworth." And three, the personal property tax is kind of annoying. But, you won't really notice that for the first round of car registrations. It basically raises that cost. If you chose not to drive, you wouldn't need to register a car thus wouldn't have to pay that tax. Other than that it's still much cheaper to live in the midwest. For now!

OK, now on to why we're on the forum. What is the difference between produced and line produced? Would it be possible for you to tell me a little more about what you did on those films? I am very curious because I want to learn.

I am in the process of doing the ground work for a feature film. I am compiling the information for the movie proposal. Writing the treatment and script myself. I plan on rolling tape on it sometime around the first week of March 2006. I like the way the trees look this time of year. In three weeks they will all look very different. Plus it gives me time to get all of the other stuff together. Oh yea, this is a totally inde film. We'll be using the Canon XL2 and XL1 with an FS-4. That will allow us to record in 24p using the image from the XL1. Editing on 2 Powermac G5's with FCPHD. I'm going to a class in Austin next month to see the whole transfer to film print process. If it's shot and edited in 24p/16:9, the transfer to 35mm should look pretty good.
Old March 26th, 2005, 11:57 AM   #238
Regular Crew

http://www.thoughtequity.com/video/home.do?forward=footage

Or just go to google and search for "stock footage".

They use stock footage in a lot of films. If you watched "The Day After Tomrrow", you can see a lot of stock footage on the news clips. Much of the flooding footage like the house floating down the river is from the floods in Missouri and the midwest during the summer of 93.
Old March 26th, 2005, 12:01 PM   #239
Major Player

Cleveland

It's basically the producer in charge of production, but with not much creative control. No script approval, no talent approval, etc.

For example on one film the directors where actress and sisters (don't think I'll ever work with co-directors again let alone sisters) who where in the business for 10 years but always in front of the camera.

They had never been behind the camera. So I broke down the script, budgeted the film, hired the crew and made sure that hopefully nothing went wrong.

The secret to doing a good job is pre-production, pre-production and pre-production again. A joke is, if you find the line producer sleeping in the motor home during the shoot he did his job right.

It's just doing the day to day chores, basically a manager.

Now on this film I carried the film into post, which was over seeing the editing, sound mixing, etc. to get the film cut and done.

The amazing thing it ended up a great film even though the directors fought like... like sisters.

On this film I ended up getting a co-producer credit and the main sister will tell people privately I produced the film. Which is the truth.

Well, going to go die easter eggs with my nieces if you have anymore questions just ask.

Gary
Old March 26th, 2005, 12:32 PM   #240
Regular Crew

Gary,

Thanks for the feedback. Is there a chance you would be interested having a discussion in the near future? This is my first feature. I have a lot of experience behind the camera in various roles including directing news and other short spots, but never on something this big. Success is my only option because I can't afford to fail. That means that it has to be done right the first time. Production schedules, actors, crew, legal, investors, marketing, and distribution etc.

I can't do all of it myself and it would be really nice to at least have some guidence from someone with your experience.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands