Vegas Video discussions from 2003 - Page 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old April 3rd, 2003, 09:51 PM   #166
Sponsor: JET DV

Resize your pictures using Pan/Crop. I would also consider using keyframes to change size and/or pan the pictures instead of leaving them static on the screen. It makes the stills look more like video instead of a slide show.
Old April 3rd, 2003, 10:03 PM   #167
Major Player

I use pan/crop all the time. For some reason it never occured to me that I might have too much picture on the screen and not enough background.
Old April 3rd, 2003, 11:29 PM   #168
Wrangler

Reinstalled Vegas to fix the problem. It nags at me though, why did the problem happen in the first place?
Oh well, just glad it works again....
Old April 4th, 2003, 10:09 AM   #169
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

vegas now supports panasonic 24p & 24p hd

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030404/45170_1.html
Old April 4th, 2003, 10:33 AM   #170
RED Code Chef

Very interesting! They are really trying to take the market eh...

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old April 5th, 2003, 01:45 PM   #171
Inner Circle

They are officially adding HD support, at up to 2k resolution. No more 800x800 max rez restriction on output.

If you want to use an HD SDI card to capture, you will have to either use that cards capture utility, or hope they make a Windows media compatible interface. BlackMagic designs has QTWin codecs that already work with Vegas, and they are free. They are adding windows support for the SD and HD SDI cards. Considering their relatively low prices, combined with Vegas, it will be a very affordable HD solution it seems. time to start looking at high performance Raid setups hehehe.

Remeber, Vegas will work with any Codec installed under Windows Media (vfw or DirectShow) or Quicktime for Win plug in.
Old April 7th, 2003, 03:01 PM   #172
Regular Crew

Help with Vegas 4.0

Hi, I am new to this software. I am a Adobe premiere user. I am thinking of switching but I am completely foriegn to Vegas. I know how to import clips and trim it, but how do I clip my footages so I am able to have that letterbox look? How do I seperate the audio track from the video track so i can edit the audio clip seperately. When I put the audio track into trimmer the video come with it and when I move it frame by frame to get a close edit, the audio is not on. Is there some one here that can help with answering my questions or even provide me with tutorial sites that can enable me the full use of this program. I'm switching because I've heard that they are coming out with the add on that supports editing in 24p. Thanx for any help.
Old April 7th, 2003, 04:10 PM   #173
Inner Circle

I just switched to V4 myself and without doubt, I have improved my work. Both workflow and qaulity of work. Not to mention speed of work.

I can tell you to seperate the audio from the video highlight both and press U that unlocks the 2 tracks and you can have your way with either or. It's a very stabile solid program that will let you do just about anything you want.
Try those forums, good luck to you and enjoy Vegas! The software or city :-)
Don
Old April 7th, 2003, 04:48 PM   #174
Major Player

yahoo groups, wedding event videography. Join. Ask questions, seems to be a good source also.

To unlock audio from video, another way, right click on your audio track, select switches, click on lock. VIOLA! It's unlocked.
Old April 7th, 2003, 06:50 PM   #175
Inner Circle

Hey Harry,
We've got to stop meeting like this ;}
Old April 7th, 2003, 07:16 PM   #176
Major Player

Don, I heartily disagree. I can't think of better places to get together than some of these forums. It keeps me out of the bars.
Old April 7th, 2003, 07:19 PM   #177
Major Player

Oh yeah, I forgot. . . you can get to the switches up in the main menu across the top also, it's just more trouble. I've never been up on using all of the keyboard shortcuts like some of you guys.
Old April 7th, 2003, 08:13 PM   #178
Inner Circle

Yeah, but my wife keeps asking when I'm going to take her out to the "FORUM", and meet up with Harry and the other folks. She thinks the forum is a resturant! HeHe!
She's so gullible! (Actually, she's not; that's why she's put up with me for 34 1/2 years. Feels like forever :]- I'm only 35 )
The last time I was in a bar was about...Hmmm, other than to do a job (I do alot of work for an entertainment company, they own a lot of bars and such) well it was a long time ago!
Man, I lead a boring life ;)
Old April 7th, 2003, 11:30 PM   #179
Wrangler

For F-'s sakes....
It happened again!

I had Vegas un and re-installed in minutes, so no biggie, but I'm wondering why it's happening.
Old April 9th, 2003, 11:33 AM   #180
Slash Rules!

Bump map in Vegas 4

Has anyone tried the bump map function in Vegas to correct a mistake while lighting? What I mean is ,say your scene is too dark in one area, have you tried using the spotlight function on the bump map with the bumps turned off to brighten just that area?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...